cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fubar router

benweston
Dabbler

fubar router

not had fibre that long at the route was a little bit flakey at first but generally fine.  recently it has taken a turn for the worse and is quite often completely unusable, speed wise its gotten shocking, if I plug my laptop directly into the modem I get around 65mb give or take 5mb, wired to the router I get 10-25mb but more often 12-15mb and via wireless I am getting ~2.5mb.
obviously I need to contact CS and most likely have a new router but is there anything obvious you guys can suggest, I've done the things obvious to me like restart, reset, re-enter details, use different laptop's/desktops all to no avail.
12 REPLIES 12
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: fubar router

Disconnect it for 30 seconds then connect again, it could be a bad server.
To do this,
go to your web browser and click here
Enter Admin and the password is the serial number begins with CP (Can be found on the plastic card or underneath router)
Clcik DSL then beside it, it says disconnect, click that,
wait 30 secs
then hit connect.
You should use the gateway checker here Before you follow steps. Make a note of the gateway. Then after you follow steps to see if it has changed.
Check your speeds and it should work.

OTHER USERS - The OP has stated that he receives a 65mbit connection, so don't say speeds fluctuate in first 10 days. Thank you
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Try a hard reset - you may need to add the login yourself unless the automatic system kicks in
Unless your reference to reset was a hard one (sticking a paperclip in the hole) and then fubar about wraps it up
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

What is Fubar? Is it meant to be Fibre?
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Use Google - explaining would run foul of the swear filter
NedLudd
Grafter

Fouled Up Beyond All Recognition - to put it politely! Wink
Geoff,
York.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Oh I see Cheesy Cheesy
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Let us know how you get on after the factory reset benweston, it may well not be a faulty router. Let me know if you're still having problems after that and there'll be a few things we can go through.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
benweston
Dabbler

I've tried a hard reset before, i'll do one again now to see if it makes any difference.
benweston
Dabbler

Just did a hard reset, took ages to getup and running again and seems working fine right now but I won't gold my breath!
Don't get wrong I hope it works fine until I replace the router for better item(dual band WiFi etc)!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@benweston - glad it's behaving now, thanks for letting us know - hope it stays that way.
@JamieDanjoux - You really need to watch Tango and Cash Cheesy One of the greatest action films to come out of the 80s, Kurt Russell and Sly Stallone and a cocaine baron (oh and some dude with the biggest jaw I've ever seen). It's the first time I heard the phrase fubar.
PowerLee
Pro
Fixes: 2

Teri Hatcher is also nice eye candy in Tango & Cash.
It's normally shown on one of the ITV channels at least once or twice a year.
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Quote from: Matt
It's the first time I heard the phrase fubar.

I think the first time I really noticed it was in "Saving Private Ryan" Lots of use there  Cheesy