Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fttc when ?

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

fttc when ?

Last month samknows said my exchange (ESGAL) was due to go live at the end of the month (June) just checked today and the RFS is now set to 1/6/12 i.e. last week.
But the BT checker says no FTTC (register interest etc).
So is there anyway of checking WHEN it will actually be live or do I just have to wait till I see some new cabinets?
4 REPLIES 4
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: fttc when ?

Have you tried this checker? https://www.btwholesale.com/pages/static/Community/Broadband_Community/Coverage/ADSL_Availibility_Ch...
If FTTC is imminent then it usually says so (Example using a friend's number):
Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 30th June 2012. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of ....
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

It just shows ADSL only nothing about fibre.
anniesboy
Rising Star

Don't get your hopes up. My exchange was FTTC enabled some months ago ,I'm still waiting for "my" green cabinet to be upgraded.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

My example above is for a line on an exchange that has been FTTC enabled for some time but the planed date has only appeared relatively recently for this line (Exchange listed as 'enabled in some areas' currently on Samknows), AFAIK the BT wholesale ADSL checker is probably the most definitive source available to the user (subject to any errors in their database of course).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.