cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

frequent dropped connections

johpal
Grafter

frequent dropped connections

My ADSL connection has been rock solid for weeks. Since yesterday however, I've had frequent dropped connections. Below are my current router stats. I would point out,  The sync. speed is one of the fastest I have seen, but the down attenuation is the highest I have seen too.  Shocked
I live at the end of a long line, so don't expect miracles, re. speed. I would add we have had moderately heavy snowfall and the temperatures have been below freezing for at least 24 hours. Has anybody any ideas, or suggestions please?
Uptime: 0 days, 0:14:22
Modulation: G.992.1 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 3.488
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [KB/MB]: 468,00 / 1,27
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12,0 / 18,0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 31,0 / 53,0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 15,0 / 5,5
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / P
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 1.181
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: frequent dropped connections

It looks like your line is much more stable over the last few days, the current connection is  15:38:37 (on going) so that's a big improvement.
Are you still seeing any issues?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
johpal
Grafter

@Chris,
Thanks for the reply; I was beginning to feel lonely! The dropouts have become less frequent, but I had one about 17:20 yesterday. I'm away from home now, but have received an email that my VoIP connection has gone off-line at 10:40 this morning. That usually means the connection has dropped again...
Not sure if it is significant, but the DSL light on the router remains lit; the PPP light goes out and I have to reconnect using the router web interface (power recycling the unit fails to automatically reconnect PPP). Could it be a router problem?
johpal
Grafter

@Chris
Just arrived home; everything OK!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Good to hear, if it starts happening again then try an alernate filter between the router and phone socket and if possible a different router.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.