Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free router upgrade

jd678
Dabbler

free router upgrade

Hi,
Just pondering with swapping from Premier Option 1 to BBYW option 2, and I understand I can claim a free router... on payment of the delivery charge and accepting 12 months deferred contract.
Is it possible to pay a bit more and upgrade from the 1 port to the 4 port? It'll be nice to get rid of the switch currently in use and tidy things up a bit?
2 REPLIES 2
puddy
Grafter

Re: free router upgrade

if you switch you will loose 8 hours a day off peak time
BBYW off peak runs from midnight till 8am your old package off peak time is from midnight till 4pm off peak
and the routers not a very good one anyway
You can get a speedtouch 716wl that has 4 ports wifi and built in voip ports to use all the 240 minutes free voip calls(depend on contract) for under a £5 my last one only cost £1.76 plus p&p from ebay.  Plusnet support this router because they use to sell them
puddy
8 hours add up take in to account when you are home on leave from work (I get 6 weeks holidays per year) days off weekends sick leave bank holidays and the xmas period ,so it mounts up
Moderators note by Roger (rogerloxton): fulll quote of preceeding text removed as per the link:rules
paulby
Grafter

Re: free router upgrade

As puddy has said, the split between peak and off peak is different on BBYW as opposed to Premier.  However, it will be dependent upon your particular usage pattern as to whether it'll affect you or not.
If you ask Jameseh or one of the other PN guys on here, they can look at your usage over the past few months to see if a change would be detrimental or not.
As for the router, I think there are paid for options available. One of the PN staff would be able to clarify this for you.