Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

firewall entry

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

firewall entry

hi,
for the last 4 hours my internet has been jumpy, my router shows a monsterous number of firewall entries all called "ping of death"  all reigstered as coming from some moldovian company although i suspect this is spoofed
just wondering if anyone else is having similar readings really i was under the impresion isp firewalls blocked this kind of thing before reaching the customer
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: firewall entry

Your firewall may not stop it - check here https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=firewall ; - it probably needs setting to high but that may muck up something else
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

ahh that explains why its getting through to the router, oh well at least i know its being blocked before hitting my pc
and yes changeing the settings would much up some other things, i'll just leave it as is for now then, but that also explains why the tg585 went haywire and refused ot work,  looking through the routers dump file it seems i get hit with various icmp packet's on a cyclic basis, that and i couldnt figure out how ot setup the tg585's firewall/nat at all that thing just seems ot be far too basic, then i screwed a firmware upgrade, ended up useing the same router i've had for 5 years lol
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
AndyH
Grafter

Another solution to try would be to disconnect/reconnect from the router admin page which will give you a new IP address (as long as you're not on a static IP).
Also make sure you're running an up-to-date anti-virus program.
Razer
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
Your firewall may not stop it - check here https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=firewall ; - it probably needs setting to high but that may muck up something else

I'm a bit confused by that. I thought my router firewall was running, but according to that link the firewall is off. Is it the same firewall, or something else, and if I turn it on there will it prevent my game from working?
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

The Plusnet broadband firewall in the member centre is completely different to your router firewall. If enabled, it can block new inbound connections before they reach your router.
It doesn't say explicitly what it does with ICMP traffic, the documentation has it blocking common ports or all ports. ICMP doesn't have ports.