cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fibre speeds now dropping to 0 since unlimited launch

xxtrickzxx
Grafter

fibre speeds now dropping to 0 since unlimited launch

:(not a happy bunny,come 6pm till 11:30ish pm my once rock solid 25-27mbps download now even drops to 0,its that bad that the bt speediest that i need to prove there is issue(contention? i dont no) wont even work,ive had results as low as 1.42mbps using pppoe straight into the bt modem,ive tried resetting the modem as well but come 1am it gets back to normal again till 6pm the next day,my neighbour who is in the same cabinet and gets about 23mbps is still rock solid through this time,he's with sky and hes let me hook up to his wifi so the kids can watch netflix bless him,so is this a plusnet issue ie to many people downloading and not enough capacity?.needs sorting please help!!! Angry
23 REPLIES 23
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: fibre speeds now dropping to 0 since unlimited launch

have you raised a speed fault at http://faults.plus.net/
xxtrickzxx
Grafter

:)i have a few days ago but every time they check its fine because its not in the time period,sent photo proof of the 1.42 meg on bt speed tester but because i then did a test later it cancelled that one out,think it only saves the last result on the server,managed to send one just at 11.34mbps which is still under the 12 minimum,but when its low like right now the tester dosnt work,it comes up with this apache error something so its hard to prove,I've just  i done a beta bt speed test you can see the mbps going from 5 to 0 then 9, 7 ,5 3 ,0, 3mbps etc,speediest.net is giving me right now 4.8mbps but you can see the needle going up and down so erratically,i am so annoyed i really don't need this right now not one to give a sob story but my father died instantly not been ill at all 4 weeks ago aged just 56 and i just want to try and unwind abit after days of sorting probate etc watching a movie from apple tv netflix etc,but because its so erratic its even tricking the auto stream adjust on netflix causing it to stall Angry  it starts slowly getting better after 10pm till returning to normal around 12 to 1am ish
xxtrickzxx
Grafter

here's one from the other day  Sad
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I'll get this picked back up with our faults team, this needs investigating further.
xxtrickzxx
Grafter

Smiley please do thanks
xxtrickzxx
Grafter

these bt speed tester results im guessing are an average over time? because i can't even FaceTime,its not showing the fluctuation,my ipad said 1.2 mg just after this test all be a wifi result
xxtrickzxx
Grafter

>:(had the bt engineer round yesterday and he couldn't find anything wrong,he was actually surprised by how good the line was he was expecting 22mb download not 29.6mb,so why is this happening after 6pm on a wired pppoe connection?the wireless test was half this,not happy at all,i thought fibre was to end my broadband woes and make us not feel like we were the end of the line with our previous 5.5 km 1.5 mb adsl line and at least the ping was better, i never had netflix apple tv sitting there doing nothing like now this really is  rubbish! Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

😕
That definitely looks wrong.  It's not contention on ourside, or anything we can pin on our capacity or traffic management.  Need to keep trying to progress that fault.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
xxtrickzxx
Grafter

I've tried everything in the house, I can't see it but I've disconnected every electrical device including the washing machine lol,even tested the socket the modem and router are plugged in,I just can not think of anything else,why would it be fine for 19 hours of the day then just turn to this,when I did a wireless test it had a ping of over 400 and 0.75 Mbps,yet when it's fine my wireless test is almost the same  ping wise minus 1 meg on the download.its now gone ok again while writing this so it's been poorly for three hours tonight. Huh
This just done through wifi on the pad
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry to hear that's still an issue after the engineer visit.
I've passed the fault back to our suppliers to let them know it's still an issue. Our faults team should be getting back to you ASAP, we'll just need to keep pushing through with the faults process but I'm sure we'll get there.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
xxtrickzxx
Grafter

>:(still having this issue and to make things worse the bt engineer didn't even turn up today so not only is this pitiful service costing me £19.99 it's also time off work ie holidays,please sort this issue out soon its been over a month now since the issue  started. Angry
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Really sorry about that,
I'm going to look over this with a member of our faults team shortly. Obviously our priority will be to arrange another visit with you ASAP.
We realise you've not been able to use the service properly for a few weeks now so I'll make sure we credit you appropriately when this has been fixed.
Adam
EDIT: We'll be talking to BT about this shortly, one of our best experienced faults agent's is on the case so I'll make sure we keep you posted.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
xxtrickzxx
Grafter

Thanks I'm not that  up on this technology but it couldn't be to do like some other people are having with this pl gateway? I've also got a static Ip from adsl days could this cause any problems? I don't need a static ip anymore as I use cloud apps now.
adie:quote
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi,
No the IP itself isn't directly related to issues like this so I severely doubt it's going to be that, I doubt it's a gateway issue partially down to the timings involved but mainly as to how much you're connection speeds have been impacted.
My colleague in faults has just let me know that the engineer didn't arrive due to resourcing problems in your area I'm afraid, however another appointment has been offered for this Friday, the 25th between 08:00 and 13:00 would that be OK.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team