cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fibre speed, email and now dns faults.

HmCoastguard

fibre speed, email and now dns faults.

Moved over to fibre last week and have had nothing but problems.
Switched all on left to settle for the day, 2mb. Oh
Ticket raised, the automatic setup hasn't kicked in, leave a few hours all will be ok.
Nope dropped to 0.5down 2up. Another ticket.
Did fault testing as usual, this was Saturday and since then have heard nothing.
Mail won't sync add it times out and now  if not working 95% of the time.
Not a happy camper.
ready to cancel all and walk away. PS have to use my phone as I now have no connection!
7 REPLIES 7
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: fibre speed, email and now dns faults.

Hi there,
I've just run a test on your line and our supplier's systems are showing you as connected and with a 30Mb downstream profile, I'm assuming this isn't the case?
HmCoastguard

Hi Matt,
No this is not the case anything from 2-10mb or not at all.
Phoned today to ask for an update on the open tickets to be told the automatic test that should have happened once a fault is raised, failed.
This has now gone to the faults team.
I was told i should have arround 36mb - which if it happened id be happy but this has not been the case.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

OK,
Are you connecting using a cable or is it via wireless? If it's wireless have you tried plugging an ethernet cable in and seeing what speeds you get then?
Your current connection has been ongoing for over 3 days, so I'm a bit concerned about you having no connection as mentioned in your first post.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
HmCoastguard

Various methods used, wireless cable, pc, tablet and phone.
Some page requests timing out as DNS is lost. Speeds range from 1-15mb. Nothing near the 36 profile.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Can you try logging in to the router, pressing disconnect then wait 10 minutes, press reconnect and post the results of a single speedtest performed using a cable.
It's also worth noting that during the first 10 days it may be that your line is fluctuating, this is perfectly normal following an installation.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for your time on the phone just now.
As mentioned myself and Chris have just performed some detailed diagnostics on your line and have reviewed the results of the last BT speed test you performed.
I can see that the download speeds you're achieving at present are around 15mb which we do appreciate is not up to the original estimate we provided, however as I explained there is a 10 day line training period that is relevant to fibre during which speeds should increase.
As agreed I'm setting myself a reminder for after that period completes (Monday the 30th as I make it) so I can contact you again to see where things stand and if you need any further assistance.
I will check your account tomorrow to check if we can see the disconnection/reconnection logged that I asked you to perform too.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Just a quick follow up to say that I can see the disconnection you performed at 17:25 yesterday and I'm glad to hear as per your ticket update that the speeds have increased further.
:EDIT
Just thought I'd try calling to see how things are, do let me know if you still have any concerns about the speed of your connection.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team