cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fibre move install dates

paulg123
Grafter

fibre move install dates

Hello I set up my fibre and phone service move recently with you and was asked which day would be preferable for that which I said would be Monday AM.
I rang on Friday to get a cease at my old address for the existing service there that is still running as the person there also wants to join plusnet and the move team member on the phone said that he would arrange for the cease to happen yesterday, he also mentioned that my phone line install had a date down and would happen on the 27th august which is a Wednesday although I didn't think to check at the time but isn't too bad as its still the holidays and I'm sure I could arrange with work for some time off for that.I rang yesterday to get double check what is happening and the member on the phone said the 27th august again and that she could arrange for the broadband to be done at the same time so I said ok and ended the call, but then I had text messages come through saying that the install for both services has been provisionally booked for Thursday 4th September?! and that I would get a confirmation in the next 24 hoursof this?! This is my 2 children's first day back at school and in no way can I miss that and also the fact the it is in the notes on the ticket to book a Monday am appointment and lastly what happened to the phone install date of the 27th and the possibility of that date with broadband installation as well?. If you could look into this and let me know would be much appreciated thanks
11 REPLIES 11
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: fibre move install dates

Hi paulg123,
Thanks for getting in touch with us and I'm sorry to hear that the installation date has changed from that of the date you discussed with us. From what I can see in the ordering system there appears to have been an alteration made by our supplier due to availability of the engineers in your area. If you can confirm a different date I can certainly take a look at getting this altered for you however this could be later than the current date you have this set to.
paulg123
Grafter

Thanks for your reply, if the 27th am is possible for both that would be good or the 25th or 26th of this month if that can be done?
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi again paulg123,
Unfortunately we can't bring the installation date back from the 04/09/14 as this is the earliest date that both the phone and broadband engineers could attend the address. Is there a date after this which would suit you better than the 04th that we could look to book? If you're able to offer a few different dates then we should cover all bases and be able to get you something appointed.
paulg123
Grafter

Ok could you do monday the 8th of September on an am slot?
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi paulg123,
That's all been amended for you now and will take place on the 08/09/14 in an AM appointment slot between 9am and 1pm.
Please let us know how you get on with this.
paulg123
Grafter

Ok brilliant thanks Adam, I'll let you know how it goes  Smiley
paulg123
Grafter

I'm getting billed in the next day or so but my service had been ceased for a couple of weeks or so at the old address and I'm not back online till the 8th at my new location, just wondering do I get a partial refund of some sort as I haven't had access to the internet after the cease?
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi again paulg123,
We will most certainly provide you with a partial refund for the downtime, just let the support guys know once this is back up and running and they should be able to review the number of days you've been down from the cease to the re-provide and then they'll refund this back via the method in which it was taken.
paulg123
Grafter

Ok thanks Adam
paulg123
Grafter

just got installation done this morning
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3744502935
Smiley
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3744514280
even better.
is it still possible to sort out the partial refund for the gap in service from the cease till now?
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi paulg123,
Glad to hear it's all up and running for you and with such healthy looking speeds too!
The support team should be able to work out the downtime and make a refund for the partial month for you, all you need to do is raise a support ticket here and they'll get that arranged for you.