Did you mean: 

fibre broadband installed today

cbate
Dabbler

fibre broadband installed today

hi
  can  any one explain
when I go  to the  http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com page
further tests  no  come up with error message if  I enter  our phone number to postcode and house number
. Best Effort Test:
Download Speed : 9.49 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:
Upload Speed : 4.92 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

any  reason  why  I get this message    the  guy  who cable left  my old  asdl cable in has it said it was fine had I already add the new socket
conrad
11 REPLIES 11
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: fibre broadband installed today

Hi cbate,
Can you re-start your router please to ensure that everything has updated correctly? Once it's been re-started can you run the speed tester again please?
cbate
Dabbler

hi
  I have restarted  the openreach modem  put  made no difference I am using the same router what was plus into the old asdl  not the supplied one my you I am using the asus  rt n66u  which is  suitable and work fine on asdl  far better  then  the  routers you supply
do I have to leave it a day or so to appear  I have tried the phone number here also the postcode and house number  not got the id  code  you can also use
any idea what it is

conrad
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Conrad,
Your connection rate between your Modem and Fibre Cabinet looks absolutely fine and your speed profiles are all matching up. My advice would be to leave your setup as it is and try to avoid restarting your equipment where possible. Please ensure that any speed tests are run with an Ethernet Cable connected.
cbate
Dabbler

hi
  chris
          that is fine  thanks
any reason why  the  bt  further test no longer works it work fine on asdl

conrad
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yeah - that can take a few days for it to update.
cbate
Dabbler

hi
  this is  the test  from  the  laptop  plug  direct  into  router
1 Best Effort Test:
Download Speed : 22.73 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:
Upload Speed : 2.75 Mbps
on  lan  any  reason  why  upload is  so slow  i have unplug all other network cards 
not  the  test on  wireless

1. Best Effort Test:
Download Speed : 22.5 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:
Upload Speed : 2.65 Mbps

has  you can  see the speed is about the same  so  does it need to settle  to get the upload speed  better  even  the download speed is  less then  you said i should get

conrad
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The speeds you get via Ethernet are much better.
Your estimate is 29Mb down and 6Mb up. Your current line stats are as follows:
Downstream Speed: 23.9 Mbps
Upstream Speed: 3.2 Mbps
As your line is relatively new and hasn't been running for very long, it's difficult to say yet whether or not you're likely to see an improvement. Give your line a few more days and see how things get on.
cbate
Dabbler

hi
  chris
          that is fine  m8  I give it a week to see how it  works then

conrad
cbate
Dabbler

hi
  any  reason my
ip profile is only 21.04mb
here is the last test
Download speedachieved during the test was - 20.28 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis  14.73 Mbps-21.04 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 21.04 Mbps
which is  the max you should get if ip profile is only 21mb

conrad
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Conrad,
The DP length  (between your the first telephone pole from the Fibre Cabinet to your property) is approximately 2297 meters. This equates to a DP length in total of 2.2K which is very long for a Fibre circuit.
http://www.increasebroadbandspeed.co.uk/2013/chart-bt-fttc-vdsl2-speed-against-distance
If you look at the above link you'll see how FTTC speeds dip quite considerably after a certain length. This happens due to the high frequencies used on FTTC. FTTC was really only designed for the shorter lines, however, in rural areas, even long lines such as this one provide a much better service than that of ADSL.
If you'd like your line investigating further, you can raise a fault at http://faults.plus.net but I'm not sure you're going to much more out of it. The estimates are a bit higher than what you're realistically going to get, but that's why it's only an estimate and not a guarantee.
cbate
Dabbler

hi
  chris
          it is fine for  now
I  know  the  chap who  did the fibre  install said  the  box which was fibre was quite a long way from our estate which surprised us  has were the fibre box for our estate the is now  houses there at all  has it is next to a park
with that  list it says  14mb  m8  I got 10mb on old asdl
if it drops  any lower I raise a ticket
has it does not drop does it  so  happy for  now

conrad