cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fiber installed today

matty2k13
Grafter

fiber installed today

Got fiber in today. Using homehub 3 do I need to change my login or anythink ?
8 REPLIES 8
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: fiber installed today

Hi matty2k13,
You shouldn't need to change anything and it actually looks like you're connected and on the correct speed profile now.
Everything working for you?

Thanks,
Adam C
matty2k13
Grafter

Seems fine. How do I check router status on the homehub as its not showing in the broadband section
matty2k13
Grafter

One more question. How do is setup pppoe on ps4? Whats userid and password
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi again matty2k13,
Quote from: matty2k13
Seems fine. How do I check router status on the homehub as its not showing in the broadband section

Which status are you looking for in the BT Home Hub? If you're looking for the line and connection stats I'm aware that certain versions of the Home Hub 4/5 don't have access to these details any more. If this is the equipment you're using then it may mean that you can't get to these details  Undecided
Quote from: matty2k13
One more question. How do is setup pppoe on ps4? Whats userid and password

I'm not really that up on the PS4 or how this would require details to enable an ethernet connection but after a reading up a little on a few message boards it sounds like it would be the username and password you have for logging into the Home Hub. Alternatively the only other details you would have in that format would be your broadband username and password (used to connect to the internet) however I'm not convinced the PS4 would need this info in order to operate via a wired connection to the router.
If you can elaborate on any of the points a little more I'll my best to help however this may be one for someone with a bit more know-how when it comes to Playstations or possibly some stronger Google-fu!
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

not sure why you'd want to set up PPPoE on your PS4 - isn't it just plugged into your homehub?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
matty2k13
Grafter

To see what its like on a nat type 1. I have plugged the ps4 in to the modem and put my userid and password in but it cant establisha ip address
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

In that case it sounds like you would be replacing the router with the PS4  Huh I think that would need to broadband username and password if I understand this correctly. please ensure that you're connected directly into the Openreach modem and that the username format is "yourusername@plusdsl.net" although the logic behind this kind of setup would leave you without an internet connection when the PS4 is turned off as it would replace the router and directly connect to the modem.
You may get the same results for NAT by leaving the PS4 connected to the router and then giving it a reserved IP and dropping it into the DMZ so that there are no restrictions on traffic to and from the device.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Go to Network
Go to Set Up Internet Connection
Select Use a LAN Cable
Then select Custom
Here you should be given an option for PPPoE
From here, the default settings should be automatically selected.
Enter your PN username (as above) and Password when asked.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'