cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

feel a bit conned :(

koffeemachine

feel a bit conned :(

I recently upgraded from 40/10 fiber to 80/20
I used to receive 39/9 max but after upgrade the speed came in at 41/11 max it seemed a bit slow so phoned plus-net paid for new router (postage 5.99) to "rule it out"  this did not improve the speed so phoned again and spoke to Chris who informed me after running tests this was the max I could get! blaming my copper wire, 41MB  is a lot less than the 59MB speed I was told it would be.  Sad
I guess I have mouldy copper to the bt box  Sad
So feel a bit conned as I am now stuck in a new 2 year contract with a speed boost of......wait for it......2MB
is there really nothing that can be done by plus-net or bt openreach to improve the speed?
simon

3 REPLIES 3
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: feel a bit conned :(

We'll have a look at this for you tomorrow.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
koffeemachine

Thanks for your quick reply
If anything can be done that would be great  Smiley
simon
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
I've just been running some diagnostics but I'm unable to see an obvious reason as to why your download speed is that much below the estimate so I'd be best advising you to raise a fault if you want us to look into that further: http://faults.plus.net
If doing so isn't able to lead to an increase in speeds we'll make sure you can downgrade back again without penalty.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team