cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fastest settings for gaming allowable on adsl?

scoobydoo1
Grafter

fastest settings for gaming allowable on adsl?

hi
whats currently the fastest settings you can have for adsl to lower gaming pings without paying any extra?
I was with plusnet before but maybe things have changed regarding settings since then
just to recap
I,m looking for the best setts for gaming, with low pings, my download speed is fine hovering around 15-17mb so speed is not an issue however pings are for gamin
any advice as what setts to request would be grateful
thanks
5 REPLIES 5
scoobydoo1
Grafter

Re: fastest settings for gaming allowable on adsl?

can a mod tell me the best optimal settings to request please for gaming my line is stable, no problem with download speeds,
I just want to know what the current best possible setts are (without paying or moving to another package)
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Moderators are customers just like yourself
As a non gamer the obvious answer is to have the line on fast path with no interleaving
Whether your line is stable enough for that or even whether that is already the situation we would have no idea
How about checking whether your line is interleaved or not and posting some tracerts to show what the interleave depth is like and posting your router stats showing noise margins and errors
scoobydoo1
Grafter

http://i66.tinypic.com/upn9y.jpg
it seems interleaving is off, not sure about fastpath being on
download speed is fine, no probs there
just wanted to know if u can tell from that pic if I can tweek it further for better pings
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

fast path is interleaving off and you can't tweak things other than using a wired connection
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The best things for gaming are interleaving off, and using a wired connection. Most games use lag compensation to try and make it fairer between people using different connections, so slight variations in ping aren't going to cause a disadvantage. 
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.