cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

expected slow speed? or some fault down the line?

phlim
Grafter

expected slow speed? or some fault down the line?

heyhey,
after we weren't able to connect to the internet for the whole of last night, i come back from college today the internet still wasn't working, so i unplugged it for a good 10/15 minutes, after plugging it back in i was able to connect back to the internet YAY! but with
before the internet went down yesterday we were getting around 5.9mbs and now it's down to 0.9
i'm just wondering if these slow speeds are expected because the internet wen't down yesterday and it should recover over the next day or so? or if it's another problem. Thanks in advanced, Phil
3 REPLIES 3
scottmg
Grafter

Re: expected slow speed? or some fault down the line?

Judging from my experience mate, because of the disconnection BT had lowered your profile, presuming that all on the disconnections are a fault and have lowered this to stabilise your connection I would think it will pick up as long as your line stays stable. IE no disconnections/switching off your router!
Hope this helps mate.
ScottMG
phlim
Grafter

cheers, yeh i thought that might be the case, i shall wait and see Smiley
scottmg
Grafter

If it doesn't pick up in the next day or two, raise a ticket or ask in her for someone to reset your SNR should sort it out... Has to be plugged Into the test socket for this to work though.