Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exceptionally slow broadband

steve991
Grafter

Re: exceptionally slow broadband

HI there

I'm still having problems with my broadband dropping. My fault was closed as email got lost in my inbox and I missed the 14 day window. [CSA Removed] wrote to me to arrange an engineer to visit. I've been through fault finder online, it couldnt test my line.

best

Steve

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

steve991
Grafter

Hi

The normally excellent customer service has gone awry today. I've chatted to at least 3 people and my fault has yet to be re-opened. I just need to get an engineer out to fix my line. I'd be really grateful for some help

Kind regards

Steve

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @steve991,

I'm sorry you're still having problems.

I've tested the line again and it's dropping still, quite a lot. I've reopened the fault for you here. The previous fault you mentioned, that closed after 14 days, was in an awaiting appointment state, so if you want to reply back with dates and times we can just get one booked for you.

steve991
Grafter

Hi Jolo

Yes, its practically unuseable. I've sent times I'm free

best

Steve

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I've just sent you a response.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
steve991
Grafter

Hi There

I'm still having persistent problems with very slow broadband, its highly irritating and I'm thinking of moving to a new service if this cant be resolved. The recent interlacing hasnt worked.

I'm getting 372ms latency/2.5mbps download/0.1mbps upload.

Please advice

Steve

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @steve991, I have reset your line as it looks like it was banded, a retest shows that the speed has come back up again but to be honest although it might improve the speed at the moment, it won't fix the issue as there must be something causing the line to band so frequently.

If you aren't already, can you connect your router to the test socket for the time being and if the issue returns, please raise a fault here.

Let us know how it goes.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
steve991
Grafter

hi Lauren

thanks for reply, its still poor:

before test socket: latency 754ms download 2.6 mbps upload 0.1

with test socket                    622ms                 3.1mbps             0.3

Its still barely usable..

I'll raise a fault

thanks again

Steve

steve991
Grafter

HI Lauren

could you raise a fault on my behalf, I dont have time to plough through all the procedures, The phone line is noisy too, which is probably part of the problem.

many thanks

Steve

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Steve.

The noise on your line is likely going to be the underlying issue, so it'd be best to get that looked at. I've created a support ticket on your account which you can view and reply to from here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=184570123

You'll need to be logged into your account before clicking on the link.

If you drop us a message over here once you've replied we'll be happy to pick it up as soon as we can and book the appointment in for an engineer to visit.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
steve991
Grafter

HI

I got a message to say:

Dear Mr Hollingsworth,  Thank you for your patience, i have now monitored the fault progress and results below, our tests show that there is no fault and that everything has cleared, if you feel this is not the case, please reply to this ticket through the members centre and a faults advisor will pick this up as soon as possible.    Kind regards, 

There is still a fault and there has been for months. Just checked download speed and its 3.5mbps. There's still noise on the line. I've sent 3 times I'm available to no reply....

I'd be grateful to solve this

Steve

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks steve, I've just tested the line and we're not seeing any obvious problems. How did you get on with the checks we recommended on the ticket? 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team