cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

everything is so bad

tony4384
Dabbler

everything is so bad

So first the phone is noisy and the broadband speed is just dropping to less then I got on normal sky broadband.(7Mbs)
It takes too long sitting on a phoneline for a response
Then questions going over what Ive already done
Then worrying if Ill get charged for something that happened AFTER the fibre to box was fitted
Then waiting in for an engineer then finding out that the line pole was corroded its been there for over 40 years!!
Best speed on startup 38Mbs
best speed occassionally since 33Mbs only for short periods then it turns to treacle
different speed checks give different speeds best of course is plusnets own
BT Outrageous vans everywhere crackly phone lines and loss of broadband from neighbours
Cant deal with them directly have to keep sitting on the phone waiting for plusnet
'We'll do you proud' what a joke leave off the PROUD, Ive been done alright
Stuck with this 'deal' for 18 months then Im off estimated 52Mbs was a fantasy sometimes my phone download is quicker!!
I will not be renewing with Plusnet and I want to keep my friends so I will NOT be recommending them.
Plusnet must get the BT boys to sort out the infrastructure first before offering these fantasy speeds I am home most of the time and keep checking over the day the speeds are totally erratic and this is totally unacceptable.
'WE'LL DO YOU'...yep sounds about right!
6 REPLIES 6
xreyuk
Grafter

Re: everything is so bad

I would try and help you, but I can't read what you've written.
All I can say is if your phone line is crackly, you should log a fault with Plusnet.
picbits
Rising Star

Quote from: Xreyuk
All I can say is if your phone line is crackly, you should log a fault with Plusnet.

You're assuming his/her phoneline is with Plusnet.
If your phone line is crackly and you've done the tests required by Plusnet (i.e. put a corded phone in the master socket and done the 17070 quiet line test) and it is still crackly then you need to report the fault to the company you pay and who provides your telephone line to get it repaired.
The broadband / FTTC will usually sort itself out once you get the core issue of the faulty line sorted.
You won't be charged if you have followed the procedures (which is why they are there) and proved that the issue is not with internal extension wiring (your responsibility) or telephone.
Are you saying your neighbours are having the same problems ? If so then it could be that water has got into a junction box and corroded connections. Get your fault logged and seen to.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry to hear about the fault
So first the phone is noisy and the broadband speed is just dropping to less then I got on normal sky broadband.(7Mbs)

When did you last check this please?
I ask as we updated your ticket on Friday afternoon advising the fault should be fixed and we haven't heard anything since.
Just let me know if that's still an issue so I can make sure we take another look at this for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tony4384
Dabbler

I got totally fed up with the waiting times on the phone, 15-30 minutes is taking the mickey!
I keep checking the speed with the BT wholesale line checker and also plusnets own line checker which show the speed has just dropped away.
The biggest problem is the different ways to show 'speed' but going by the BT test the maximum I have ever recieved was 38Mbs on start up day. this has wallowed to a max of 31-32 Mbs  and mostly this is a 'peak' because my broadband speed is below 20Mbs at present and has dropped as low as 8Mbs.
What the hell is going on?
I believe their may be faults in the phone system around here but Im not allowed to ask Openreach directly and Plusnet is not volunteering any explanations.
If the infrastructure around SO45 2JT is below par then I should be allowed out of my contract as Plusnet is NOT supplying what they promised.
tony4384
Dabbler

PS  An I even on the 'superfast' broadband I thought I signed up to 38Mbs is the maximum for Fibre not Fibre plus!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I got totally fed up with the waiting times on the phone, 15-30 minutes is taking the mickey!

OK, Just for future reference you can update us about the fault on the open ticket at http://contactus.plus.net or via here.
I believe their may be faults in the phone system around here but Im not allowed to ask Openreach directly and Plusnet is not volunteering any explanations.

Openreach haven't revealed the exact cause of the line fault, however that does seem to be resolved so we'll need to investigate this further.
I've passed the ticket back to our faults team advising that it's still an issue so you should hear back from us again soon.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team