Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

engineer appointment

chrcoluk
Grafter

engineer appointment

Hi
Can plusnet reps on here make sure my appointment can be booked today please, I am not happy making this post but initially I patiently waited the 3 working days I was told needed to fix the BT wholesale database and then yesterday I got told another 2 days so today will be the 2nd of those 2 days.  Maybe plusnet think my current issues have no urgency and its ok to "just wait", I dont have the same feeling I am still paying the full price for this service.
25 REPLIES 25
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: engineer appointment

Hi there,
I'm sorry to see there's been a fault with your service for a while. I've also just hit a problem trying to book the appointment manually on BT's systems so I'm just contacting them now.
I'll be updating your open fault ticket ASAP as soon as that's done.
Adam
EDIT: I've just updated the ticket for you with an update.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
chrcoluk
Grafter

ok thanks for pushing this, hopefully this gets resolved tommorow.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I hope so too, I've just sent an email to chase for an update so I'll update your ticket as soon as that comes through.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
chrcoluk
Grafter

yeah just read your update, I will be here for the rest of the day.
chrcoluk
Grafter

no news?
I am guessing they wont turn up until they tell you first?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I am guessing they wont turn up until they tell you first?

Not sure what you mean by that but I've not had an update as yet.
I'm not sure if you're expecting an engineer to visit but as I hope I've indicated on ticket 79554337 engineers are looking to resolve a fault on the local network which means they shouldn't need to visit you.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
chrcoluk
Grafter

ok then I misunderstood you so they working somewhere else and you awaiting news from them.  Ok thanks for the update.
chrcoluk
Grafter

Ticket is updated, I am hoping you chase this up early on monday.
chrcoluk
Grafter

Adam have you taken ownership of issue? as I am just left waiting with no updates.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Looks like the fault is cleared back to us at the moment advising that a wiring fault had been cleared. As you say the issue is ongoing we'll need to pass this back, unfortunately we're still unable to book an engineer via our supplier's systems. I'll try and get through to them via echat (basically IM) so if you could advise when you'd be available for an engineer to attend we'll try and get that booked in for you when on the chat?
EDIT TO ADD: Might be worth commenting with your availability on the ticket if possible, I'll pop an update on there now for you.
chrcoluk
Grafter

I have replied on the ticket.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for that. At the moment unfortunately there's an error with the address matching so we can't book it right now. I've contacted our suppliers who will let me know when they've fixed the error and we can get an appointment booked, soon as we hear back from them we'll update you - it could be up to 72 hours unfortunately but will hopefully be sooner.
chrcoluk
Grafter

Matt this is the same issue as 2 weeks ago, surely there is a workaround than waiting for them to fix, you said yourself yesterday it can be done manually over chat.
2 weeks ago I was told the exact same problem and 72 hours to fix.
If you are saying there is absolutely no override process via escalation etc. I find that baffling, am I to be told every 72 hours I have to wait another 72 hours?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I hoped - and indeed believed - that that was the case, unfortunately it's not. Sorry about the extra delay, we will keep chasing.