cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emails

WILT
Grafter

emails

last  fortnight  it  was plusnet mail not working then both plusnet and metronet worked for a day or two and now metronet mail is not working. Could it be that my credit card has expired? If so I resent the service being stopped as  I have paid for the email account until next August. I do not intend to register the new card yet as i may decide to live with just  my other FREE mail servers!
5 REPLIES 5
WILT
Grafter

Re: emails

It looks like there has been a glitch somewhere on the server I read somewhere to change the email server to " pop.metronet .co.uk " et voila my mail arrived.  Very strange  Roll_eyes
Not applicable

Glad you're sorted - isn't it a relief when everything works again?
James
Grafter

Thanks Wilt,
mail.metronet.co.uk is a very old server and we've been running pop.metronet.co.uk (which I believe is referred to in the help pages).
I'm glad you managed to get your problem sorted Smiley
dgharrison
Grafter

I've just dicovered that I have had no email at all from the mail.metronet.co.uk server for 5 days. Changed to pop.metronet.co.uk and just had everything from before that time redelivered (600-odd emails). Not available on webmail either. Really hoping this does not mean you have lost all my emails from the last five days as this is a business account and I cannot afford to lose any of them.
Why is it whenever the engineers start playing with things it all goes wrong? Has there been a single occassion when you lot have been allowed to change settings when us lot (the paying customer) has no been inconvenienced?
dgharrison
Grafter

Seems the problem was a full mailbox so my apologies to the engineers! It was not you this time. Serious humble pie
Lips_are_sealed
Is there any way a message can be sent to say the box is full or nearly full, rather than just cut off all messages?