cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email question ....

doomreaper
Grafter

email question ....

ok so im getting spam, lots of spam (and not the monty python type), anyway i would like to black hole it  , but i have a problem, the email setting will let me black hole (redirect or anything i want) on email address xxxxxx@myusername.f9.co.uk , but my set up was under forc9.co.uk. so i cant set a black  hole address as it wont let me specify force9 in place of F9 ,, can anyone at f9/force9/plusnet help ?
6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: email question ....

Any redirects/mailboxes you set up will work on username.f9.co.uk and username.force9.co.uk as well as any domains on your account. Simply go through the redirect process as normal and this should work for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
doomreaper
Grafter

ty Smiley
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

You're welcome. Shout up if you have any other questions and either I'll answer them or some other helpful person will be along.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
doomreaper
Grafter

thanks, i have set a black hole ( i hope) on doomreaper.force9.co.uk, and have (i also hope) set a new email addy for important info to get to me from like Force9 itself ( liek payment dates etc) ., i have a domain which i hope will still get its email through, im nnot sure if your able to check all this but if u can i would appriciate it. thanks
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Anything you have set up for prefixes on username.force9.co.uk will apply exactly the same way to any domains you have hosted.
If you have created mailboxes (or aliases/redirects) for bill and fred say, and then said blackhole everything else on your account, you will only receive emails for bill@mydomain.co.uk and fred@mydomain.co.uk, everything else will be blackholed.
I suggest you send yourself test emails to make sure it is all working as expected.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
doomreaper
Grafter

oh ,, sorry to appear dumb, i tried reading all about blackholes and i got lost , perhaps i best just leave it alone. But thanks for your help, maybe one day my son will pop round and do it for me