Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email problems...

PNnewbie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: email problems...

Thanks Emma, appreciate your quick reply.
The local PC shop checked my router and reckons it's ok tho' thinking back I'd have preferred to have a replacement that I could have tested myself, my decision I hasten to add as I wanted to try and resolve this asap.
In any event it 'looks' as if the line is the problem so hopefully the friendly BT engineer will sort it...
Thanks again,
John
PNnewbie
Rising Star

Hi,
Well after much good work by the PlusNet techies my speeds have increased considerably – the BT Engineer wasn’t required…
Speedtester initially recorded my downstream rate as 128 kbps and 64 kbps upstream,
My IP profile was 2000 and my actual throughput was 97 kbps…
(not ideal for downloading SP3!!!)
After the PN guys worked their magic it’s up to:-
Downstream rate 5280 kbps, upstream rate 448 kbps
IP profile 3500, actual throughput 3214 kbps.
My IP profile was 4000 for a while when my throughput went up to 3681 but has since dropped to 3500.
I’m about 1.5 miles from the Exchange in a rural area so don’t think there will be an enormous amount of traffic so presumably contention shouldn’t be an issue.
How do these figures look ?  I’d like a bit more (wouldn’t we all!) but I’m sure I shouldn’t complain at these figures – thanks to Jameseh, BarryZ and all those who’ve helped – it’s really appreciated.
John
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

That's fantastic news. Is that with the test router we sent out? I can see that the issue appeared to be that the SNR was staying insanely high at 31, lowering this has in turn upped the sync speed and therefore the throughput speed.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
PNnewbie
Rising Star

Hi Chris,
Thanks – yes it’s a great improvement !!!
Typically my previous stats via the router were:-
Downstream Upstream Rate (Kbps)…128  64   
SNR Margin (dB): …………………............29.7  31.0 
Attenuation (dB): …………………...........52.0  28.0
Now they are:-
Downstream/Upstream………………5280  448
SNR Margin (dB)……………………...........5.1  18
Attenuation………..…………………........…52  28.5
Ironically the test router you sent actually gave ‘slightly’ better stats and I would have kept it and sent the other one back – but I need wireless!!!  Seriously will get it packed and posted and mail you to confirm it’s gone.
Thanks again,
John