cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email problems

chrisco
Grafter

email problems

I know there should be an update for this @ 10am but I still can't send even though I've not altered my settings anyone out there know whats going on, any info would be welcome
7 REPLIES 7
nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

Re: email problems

Might be worth checking the settings though. Have a look to make sure that the box next to "This account requires authorisation" is not checked. Mine had mysteriously got itself checked when this started yesterday.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

What errors are you getting when you try and send as I'm just about to clear the Service Status thread? You can use outbound authentication but only if you have a paid-for subscription-based account.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

chrisco
Grafter

Thanks for the fast response.
Quote from: Bob
What errors are you getting when you try and send as I'm just about to clear the Service Status thread? You can use outbound authentication but only if you have a paid-for subscription-based account.
Sorry but I don't know what you mean by that. I use Outlook 2003 as my email client & have always done so. The error I'm getting is this: 0x8004210B the operation timed out waiting for a response from the SMTP server. I've checked my settings in Outlook & did the account test which tells me send/receive is working ok.
Apologies if I don't respond to any further posts at the moment as I have to go to work in about 10 mins so can I leave this with you Bob. Many thanks
nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

0B normally means that the mail client's connection attempts are being blocked at your PC, this is compounded by the lack of server name. When this occurs it's usually the result of an update for antivirus or firewall software though unfortunately the only way to test this is to disable the software and test again (or uninstall then reinstall the software and update it as soon as the reinstall is complete).
Hope that helps,
pierre_pierre
Grafter

have you got AVG, in the last two days I got an update on my XP Laptoptop and notebook that required a reboot, it vritually killed them, I had to remove it and put on Avast,  Not had any problem with this Win 7 desk unit
chrisco
Grafter

Thanks for your replies peeps. All working again but not through anything that was suggested even though I checked it all out, no, just a simple reboot seemed to do the trick.
Just to be sure I've sent a few messages to my other email address & they have gone ok - in fact in double quick time!
@ pierre_pierre - yes I do have AVG & there was an update that required a reboot but don't think for me that it had anything to do with the problem which only started late yesterday afternoon.
@ nozzer - thanks for the link but I have all the necessary MS hotfixes updates etc & I'm sure I would have had a problem long before this as I've been using this version of Outlook since it came out.
No, IMHO, it all points to Plusnet  Lips_are_sealed Wink