cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

early 21 CN?

harps1h
Grafter

early 21 CN?

is it possible that 21 cn is enabled early on the niwt exchange? normally when my connection is not in any bother my speed sits at 6.5 to  6.72, however over the last couple of days it is nearer 7.0 (my profile is 7150 and sync is 8128)

Perhaps JoJo could look into this as she seems extremely effecient
4 REPLIES 4
x47c
Grafter

Re: early 21 CN?

When your exchange is converted and operational for 21CN nothing changes until your own line is swapped over.
You will get an email from Plusnet advising you that this is  is due to happen in about 5 weeks after the email date. The email will be sent once they have been informed by BT that the exchange is ready - Plusnet do the migrations to 21CN in batches.
So I'd imagine your still on 20CN.
I was on a 7150 IP setting and manged once to get 7040Kbps real tested download.
Most of the time it was in the region of 6700 to 6800kbps
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome says this for your exchange....
Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 8Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 7Mbps and 8Mbps.
Your exchange is planned to have ADSL2+ by 31st August 2012. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 15.5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 8.5Mbps and 18.5Mbps. Our test also indicates that your line could support an estimated ADSL 2+ Annex-M broadband upstream line speed of 1.5Mbps and downstream line speed of 15.5Mbps; typically the downstream speed would range between 8.5Mbps and 18.5Mbps.

So it doesn't look likely.
The DC team are officially on holiday until Tuesday morning but someone may pop in beforehand.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
harps1h
Grafter

that is indeed what the speed test from BT does say. However this has been moved forward to the end of June
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/NIWT Smiley and Plusnet have confirmed this. I was merely hoping against hope this may be the case as this is borne out of the frustration of not being able to attain fibre even though the exchange is enabled and I live 330 metres from it waaah!!  Cry
btw Strat where  do you play your BF3? pc perhaps?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

The BT checker is the definitive source of info and the one Plusnet will go on.
Quote from: harps1h
btw Strat where  do you play your BF3? pc perhaps?

'fraid not....PS3 Embarrassed
I don't have enough fingers to game on a PC only being blessed with 8....and two thumbs Wink
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine