cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay e-mails

Not applicable

eBay e-mails

Since Force 9 has been on Postini I have noticed that I have had no e-mails from eBay.  Have checked my account and various announcements have been posted.  I know that this has been referred to before in previous threads but has anyone else noticed this and if so, is it being looked into?
(BTW they are not in the spam folder).
11 REPLIES 11
Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Re: eBay e-mails

Hi Poppy,
I’m seeing the same sort of thing, no emails, nothing at all, nothing in my webmail spam box either, very weird.
Also the forum email notifications seem to have stopped as well (just checked, no service status messages from last Thursday), its just like someone turned off the email tap.
Regards, P.
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply - there must be a problem if it's not just on my account.
With regards to the forum replies, mine are coming through.
James
Grafter

Hi there,
I've asked Bob to take a look into this thread.
He should be along shortly.
Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Just an update, forum notification messages have started again, just got poppy's and yours James, so don't quite know what is going on. However have still received nothing else from other senders.
Regards, P.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

I'm not aware of anything that would cause this TBH and forum notifications should definitely be fine. Am I correct in assuming that you were receiving these OK before?
I remember a problem some time ago where our virus quarantining system was catching eBay emails. Postini now looks after the virus quarantining but you should still receive the notifications even with this being the case.
How frequently do you get eBay notifications/announcements? I'm wondering if we can try making some modifications to your account to see what results it yields (ie. turn off certain layers of Postini filtering).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Not applicable

I too remember when eBay notifications were being quarantined (before Postini) but this is presumably not the case now because I haven't received any quarantine notices.
eBay e-mails tend to be fairly frequent and having checked my account, there has been a couple or thereabouts this month.
It is not a huge problem because I have no business with eBay at the moment.  Also, I can shift it to my gmail account so I wouldn't want to bother anyone with making adjustments to my system. 
I suppose that I could switch off spam filtering to see if it makes any difference because (fingers crossed) since I was allowed a domain name and got to grips with the alias function I don't seem to be seeing any.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@poppy,
Are these just normal eBay announcments? The only reason I ask is that I've just logged into my account and there are a shed load of announcements for January/February none of which I received emails for.
The domain associated with my eBay account isn't hosted with PlusNet BTW.

Is there an option somewhere where you can choose to have these announcements emailed to you? I'm not really an avid eBayer.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

bobboulby
Grafter

I listed something on eBay a couple of hours ago and haven't received the confirmation e-mail. There is nothing in my SPAM folder either.
The trouble is, there is no way of knowing if it's an eBay or a PlusNet problem.
Bob
Not applicable

Something strange here because I updated my friend's eBay personal information last night and the confirmatory e-mail came down into the inbox via her new alias with no problems. She has the spam filter on.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

I think there is an option on your profile page on EBAY, about having announcements emailed to you.... You have to make sure a very small box has a tick in it...... no tick    no email notifications.... Huh
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

OMG! There are no less than 19 different email subscriptions to manage! Shocked
I've no idea which (if any) relates to the general announcements. Anyone able to enlighten me?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team