cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-mail spam topics since pn email breach

amcclean
Rising Star

e-mail spam topics since pn email breach

Since the e-mail breach last year in which email addresses of users, and everyone we'd ever sent mail to, I have recieved mases of Banking Fish e-mails.
Outlook sets recognises them as spam and I now no longer use PN for any email service at all.
What is the most common topic of e-mail spam / fishing you have started to recieve since the breach?
A
3 REPLIES 3
acr
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: e-mail spam topics since pn email breach

The receipt of masses of Phishing emails may not be linked to the email breach. I was not with Plusnet at the time and do not use Plusnet for my email and yet over the past few months I too have received masses of Phishing emails. These have been sent to my main email address which has never received any other type of spam and I am always very careful to whom I give this address to. These are now deleted by the Spam filter as soon as they reach the mailbox.

thebeehive
Dabbler

Please can anyone help me reverse the setting up of an alias on my email account.  I have been inundated with lots of quite disgusting spam and in an effort to block it created an alias in error.  I now want to get rid of this so I can see my old email account. Huh
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Hi thebeehive,
Not too sure what you mean? What steps exactly did you take? What mailboxes (bit before the '@' sign) *do* you want to receive email to? If you can let me know then I can make sure you still have access to these whilst blocking everything else.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵