cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-mail problems?

davek
Dabbler

Re: e-mail problems?

Contradictions OK, I'll admit it's a single contradiction, but to see a message  "We believe that all legitimate mail on the spam filtering device has now been successfully dequeued to customers' mailboxes. There are still mails remaining in the queue and our checks shows that these mails are undeliverable mails such as bouncebacks" and then on questioning this reply "Having discussed this with a colleague I can confirm that around 10% of email has been incorrectly dropped from the server. Email dropped from the server is not recoverable." I think concerns and confusion are justified.
scubamad
Grafter

Quote from: Bob
Where are the contradictions? I'd like to think our messaging regarding the incident has been pretty consistent ?Huh

Well from my perspective stating that only 10% of mail was zapped when my and other peoples experience is 100% is a bit a contradiction between what has been stated and what has happened
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Right the latest on the queues...
Critical Path have now got back to us and have confirmed what our investigations suggested. Almost all the emails remaining on the spam appliances are Failed Delivery Reports. There are a few mails for plus.com domains but these are bounces as well.
There are still about 30,000 messages between the two machines that will clear down as they expire (7 days is the norm for expiry) and will not likely be delivered. There may be a handful of legitimate bounces/spam but there's unlikely to be many.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

OldBloke

Thanks for this info Bob, but I've been logged on all day unable to send or receive any emails from Outlook as I get the standard 'unable to connect to your server' message.
There have been a few emails that I have been able to read on Webmail but that's about it.  This leads me to believe that the problem is ongoing .... so why is the service status only Amber and not Red ?
astarsolutions
Grafter

It sounds like a different problem, have you raised a ticket?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi there,
Definitely something else. I've not seen anyone else today with this problem. What's the exact error message you're getting form Outlook? Have you tried temporarily disabling your antivirus and security software to see if a recent update has interfered with your settings?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

OldBloke

Quote from: astarsolutions
It sounds like a different problem, have you raised a ticket?

No, I gave up raising tickets when I encounter problems some time ago as the response time tends to be somewhat lacklustre.
I've been with F9 since June 1998 and these days tend to just accept that (a) the corporate line is to be open & honest with their customers (b) the service to its customers has got worse over the years as the number of users has increased thereby giving the employees plenty of put (a) into practice  Wink

.... and thanks for your thoughts Bob.  If you're saying that this is unrelated then I'd better butt out of this thread and go and sort it out.  I'll start with the old 'switch it all of and re-boot' routine and see how it goes  Smiley
rgowerely

Is this problem now meant to be solved? I'm getting some but not all my emails. I sent a couple to myself last night and one this morning - nothing. I seem to be able to send them OK.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

There is a problem affecting outgoing email as can be seen here.
BTW, the incident report about Wednesday's problem has now been published.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

grey_gorilla
Dabbler

Quote from: Bob
BTW, the incident report about Wednesday's problem has now been published.

Good Read. Thanks.