cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dsl light on, authentication failed

Bash

dsl light on, authentication failed

Hi,
New plusnet customer here, thankfully everything's smooth so far. I received my router a few days ago and the DSL light activated today, tried to connect but got "Authentication failed" in the Thomson Gateway panel. Was hoping the support team here could activate it early if possible?  Embarrassed
Thanks in advance
5 REPLIES 5
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Re: dsl light on, authentication failed

PlusNet reps tend not to frequent these fora at the weekends. However, if you call the Sheffield Customer Support centre on 0114-296-5198 (24/7) they should be able to check whether your line is fully activated and if so, will activate it for you.
Welcome to the community.....
Bash

Nice one thanks for the help
Bash

Hmm tried calling the support line.. the guy didn't really want to help 😕 Really hope one of PN support members here read this on Monday and check if the broadband can be activated.
Thanks in advance
JohnW

Bash, I also became a plusnet customer on 30th September and have ezactly the same problem as you, same router as supplied bt them. Good DSL line streight away but authenication error and can not connect to Internet. Username and password must be right as I can get on the web site fine. Fault number issued on Friday 1st, but depite me putting comments on their fault log, nothing has happened to get things sorted. I wanted to move from BT because they were really bad, I hoped these people were better ?? Not a good start.  Sad
popeyeuk
Grafter

Just a word of warning guys..
If you raise a fault ticket as I also did last Friday.. DO NOT add anything until the support team have replied
to it or you will be pushed back in the que...
I added info and so no reply yet and I logged on the 30th Sept