cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

draytek vigor 120 & airport extreme

tjoyce27

draytek vigor 120 & airport extreme

hi all
decided to get airport extreme & a draytek vigor 120 modem for my plusnet service as wifi from the supplied v8 thompson & technicolor one is not great & load of interference from surrounding houses/dect/microwaves etc.
so anyhow, plugged in airport ex. to my technicolor & wifi worked fantastic! phones & ipad far far better as its on the 5ghz freq.  happy days.
vigor 120 turned up today, plugged in & no internet as yet, anyone any ideas? do i need to wait & let it sort itself out or do i need to boot pc up & go into the settings and change a few things for its connection details?
airpirt ex. has its own wifi network & thats all working but saying no internet connection, vigor 120 has all lights on but no internet light. so im guessing its the internet settings required for the draytek need tweeking?
Thanks
Smiley
6 REPLIES 6
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: draytek vigor 120 & airport extreme

you'll need to enter your PN login details into the vigor to get the connection working, it needs to authenticate to be able to work.
the one you got from PN would have had this done for you already (possibly via tr-069)
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
tjoyce27

so i boot my vista pc up, go to the internet settings/find the router login and put in the plusnet settings basically?
can plusnet not do this for me if i call them?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Apologies, reading the Vigor manual, you need to put the connection info into your airport extreme
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
tjoyce27

hhhhhmmmmm still having issues, was up till 2 am trying do this with still no luck!
from reading around on internet it may have something to do with 'Bonjour' that you have from apple on a windows pc, will have a dabble at that tonight when i get in. Roll_eyes
have also gone through the settings of the airport extreme utility on the ipad & that has not been able to do anything  Cry  just clarifys that the A.E. is working fine & dandy but no internet.  It does however say there is no or isue with DNS?
does that shed some light on the issue?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

vigor 120 has all lights on but no internet light. so im guessing its the internet settings required for the draytek need tweeking?

That's right, I've no idea what the Internet light on the Vigor 120 is used for ( and the manual doesn't mention it! ). The 120 is just a modem, you connect its LAN port to the WAN port on the Airport. You then need to configure the Airport Extreme with your PlusNet ISP settings, i.e the username ( in the form username@plusdsl.net ) and password that you use to login to the PlusNet portal.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jonemd

Hi Guys,
I too have the Vigor 120 and AEBS - I can't get the sodding setup to work either. Did you get it working? if so, what did you do?
Thanks