cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disconnection of broadband and telephone

trustnoone

disconnection of broadband and telephone

i have been twice disconnected completely by plusnet. there have been no billing issues and in fact the last disconnection was 2 days after the monthly fees had been collected.
i have had no success in getting plusnet to resolve the problem .
has anyone else had a similar problem?Huh
6 REPLIES 6
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: disconnection of broadband and telephone

What sort of disconnection?
B.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Is everything working now? To get your problem solved you need to be a bit more specific.
If your phone line is/was completely dead the you have a problem with your line and should report it as a fault. If you have never lost dial tone could you receive calls? I presume you couldn't make outgoing calls.
If the phone line didn't go dead, did your broadband signal stay in sync and you just couldn't login to PN? Did you get a message from PN on the screen?
trustnoone

thanks for the replies. the disconnections have been by plusnet. they have been without any warning and have been complete. ie the whole line barred no phone and no broadband.
the disconnections have not been caused by a fault but have been fully intended by PN.
if there had been any billing problems at all i could have understood but the monthly fees have been taken out on the same date of each month without fail
Pn has been very frustrating and have not even accepted  there is a problem
Not applicable

Strange that you think PN have purposely done something, and yet you concede frustration at having not convinced them that there is something wrong.
If they were cutting you of for some reason, they would know about it, and would explain that reason.
On the basis that they don't have a reason or a reputation for this kind of thing, it does seem more likely that its some sort of fault somewhere.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Also as you haven't answered the questions I posed, it isn't possible to diagnose what is going on. The more information you provide, the more likely someone is able to help you.
James
Grafter

Hi Trustnoone,
I've reviewed your semi-recent ticket history whilst looking into the problems that you have been experiencing.
We did indeed restrict your telephone service, with outbound call barring, but this was not intentional. Basically, we experienced an error with our billing systems about a month ago, which affected a small number of our home phone customers, which resulted in outbound call barring automatically being placed on these accounts, because our billing system believed that billing had failed on these accounts.  It's an area we're looking to improve (that is, how we handle failed billing).  We are of course, very sorry that this happen and for the difficulties it caused you.
The long standing home phone fault that you have been reporting is something that we were and remain happy to look into.  however, from what I can see, we have been unable to locate a specific fault and have let you know that we need to send an engineer to get it fixed for you.  On these occasions, you did not let us know when we could send an engineer and as such, the ticket closed after 14 days of inactivity.
In order to get your phone fault fixed, we really, really need to get an engineer booked for you so that BT OpenReach can investigate the problem.  Once it's been fixed, we'll be happy to look at arrange some form of recompense for you.
Again, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.