cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

didn't get a new router when I renewed contract - but now old one isn't working

TheLavingtons

didn't get a new router when I renewed contract - but now old one isn't working

Hi 

We renewed our fibre contract back in the spring, but when we did, we didn't get a new router (we've been with PlusNet for a long time) - at the time we didn't need it, the old router seemed to be working ok... but recently it keeps dropping out, for no reason.  Tried to find info on the PlusNet site as to how we can ask for a replacement, but no luck. Anyone have any idea who I can contact?

10 REPLIES 10
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: didn't get a new router when I renewed contract - but now old one isn't working

@TheLavingtons Is it the Hub which is at fault - which one, BTW? or your actual connection which is to blame.

If you need a replacement, the best thing to do is ring PN.

John
TheLavingtons

Re: didn't get a new router when I renewed contract - but now old one isn't working

Did try to get in touch via website and Chat - but that just sent me round in circles and they wouldn't connect me with someone in customer services. As the internet keeps disconnecting throughout the day (and the phone line is fine) I'm assuming it's the router.

jab1
Legend

Chat doesn't work, and how 'via the website'? If the internet connection is failing, that is more likely to be the BT/OR network rather than the router - which one - Hub1/Hub2 or A.N. Other?

John
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

@jab1 Line is testing fine from our side, no issues.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
jab1
Legend

Thanks, @willcutforth  - I assume you mean the phone line? What about the data side? - although we really need more information from the OP before making assumptions.

John
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

Phone line and the speed is way above the MGS as well with it being 27Mb no errors or anything.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
jab1
Legend

OK, @willcutforth , thanks. We'll see if the OP comes back.

John
TheLavingtons

It's a hub one router. The biggest problem is it's intermittent, and doesn't seem to apply to any specific time

TheLavingtons

sorry - should also add, we have tried resetting the router a few times, but that just fixes it for a short while, then the internet connection starts dropping out again. Never used to be a problem - now it happens at least a few times a day

jab1
Legend

OK. You might think this is overkill, but it will give us a starting point:

For Community members to be able to help, information from these two sites, as screenshots, posted as pictures within the topic, not as attachments:-

BT Broadband(obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Over a wired (Ethernet) connection if at all possible, please report the 'ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTICS', and sight of the broadband connection status from your Hub (with the 'Username' obscured) would be a good starting point.

For the Hub One -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Troubleshooting > Helpdesk

For the Hub Two -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of your phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

If you are unsure about any of the above, please just ask - I am happy to help.

John