cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

danslinux speed issues

danslinux

danslinux speed issues

Hi
I'm having the exact same issue. Getting 9.99Mbps down 7.22 Mbps up on the BTW performance test. Seeing no improvement in speed since I upgraded from ADSL to fiber yesterday.
Installation etc went fine but speed remains the same. On the further diagnostic page I'm getting "No Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) services have been found at this address. Please check the postcode or use the Telephone Number or Service ID to conduct the test." I reran with the telephone number and getting " Download speedachieved during the test was - 9.95 Mbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 22.75 Mbps-32.5 Mbps . Additional Information: IP Profile for your line is - 32.5 Mbps". I reported this to Plusnet who said they could see a brief outage yesterday (when I was getting fiber installed" but could see no further problems. I have commented regarding the speed I'm getting but no response yet. Seems quite a few had this problem when their fiber was installed yesterday.
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: danslinux speed issues

split off as it isn't the same problem
Your problem is probably that the Plusnet profile hasn't updated https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
danslinux

Hi
Sorry for that. Checked the link you posted and getting
Phone exchange:BOURNEMOUTH
Estimated line speed:33Mb (Download speed could vary depending on line conditions. Estimates are the maximum speeds that your phone line can support. These speeds are dependent on the package you choose.) - Checked on 2014-09-05 13:20:57
Current line speed:
10.4 Mb
Thanks for moving my post to correct place though Oldjim.
DanHodby
Grafter

Oldjim is right.
I've upped the profile so if you reboot the router you should see the speeds start to increase.
Dan
danslinux

Hi Dan
Worked perfectly getting 26Mbps down and 7Mbps Up.
Thank you!