cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cute ftp problem

puddy
Grafter

cute ftp problem

I have a problem with cuteftp and had been using the same settings for years and now I cannot ftp to my web page
Setting up your site with Cute FTP
1. Start Cute FTP Home, the main screen will open, which is used for transferring files to and from remote servers.
2. Before you can connect to an FTP site, you must be connected to the Internet.
3. Launch the 'Site Manager' by clicking on the Site Manager icon or by clicking Tools> Site Manager > Display Site Manager from the main navigation menu.
4. Click the 'New' button and select either 'FTP Site' or 'FTP / SSL Site' (only select this option if your host requires an SSL connection).
5. Enter a name for your site in the Label For Site field.
6. Enter ftp.force9.net in the FTP Host Address field.
7. Select or create a folder for the new site to reside in. To create a new folder, right-click and select New Folder from the menu.
8. Enter your regular Force9 username in the FTP site User ID field.
9. Enter your regular Force9 password in the FTP site Password field.
10. Connect to your new site by highlighting it in the left window and clicking the Connect button.

so why wont it work plusnet blamed my settings but I got them from a help page i can log in and then get a socket issue warning error
puddy
4 REPLIES 4
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: cute ftp problem

Have you tried with any software firewall disabled?
If you have the PN broadband firewall enabled, try with is disabled (you need to reboot your router after changing this setting)
puddy
Grafter

I dont have a firewall enabled I have been using the same settings for over 10 years
I can log in to plusnet but it just throws me out again
Puddy
ps a response from plusnet would be helpful!!!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Have you been able to try a different ftp client to rule out CuteFTP being the cause of the problem?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
puddy
Grafter

I manged to get in by changing homepages.f9.net to ftp.force9.net
a setting I have not used before thanks for pointing me in the correct direction
puddy