cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customermail4.easily.co.uk POP3 can anyone else connect???

zubel
Community Veteran

Re: customermail4.easily.co.uk POP3 can anyone else connect???

Are you running a personal firewall, or Peerguardian software on your machine that may be blocking it?
B.
waynepyrah
Grafter

I can get to this fine...
Wonder whether its the routing problems today ?
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

It is actually a lot to go on Wink
The tracert reply indicates it is something local on your PC that is blocking your connection before it gets to the router  as the first hop in the tracert is your router.
Are you sure you did actually turn off your software firewall - sometimes it may be necessary to actually uninstall some firewalls before they stop interfering with the connection.
Also check your hosts file (under windows XP this is in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC) to see if any entries exist for easily.co.uk or the full sub-domain being used.
Edit to add: this is not related to the routing problem PN had as the connection never gets beyond the local router, in fact it does not even get to the router.
Rigga
Grafter

Peter,
I haven't actually run a SW FW for some time on any of my PC's so that's not the problem.
I disabled my router FW for a short time, and that made no difference during the tests yesterday.
There's nothing in the hosts file except the usual. 127.0.0.1 Localhost entry.
Having said all this.. I have tried again this morning without apparently changing anything and I can get straight through.
So problem solved.. HMMMM... I hate it when a problem appears solved but no solution has been found.
Ah well if it happens again, I'll post again.
R.