Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

could someone reset my profile please

niko
Grafter

could someone reset my profile please

hi all
after the main phone line on my road being cut and not repaired for 3 weeks im up and running but my speeds are bad my bt profile is set at 1250 instead of the normal 2000 trying to see is the problem is in the new line connections or the dlm is messed up could you please reset my profile so i can see if it sticks ,
also on here
http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput
it says
Our test also indicates that your line could support an estimated ADSL 2+ Annex-M broadband upstream line speed of 500Kbps and downstream line speed of 2Mbps; typically the downstream speed would range between 1Mbps and 3.5Mbps.
does this mean adsl2+ is now up on my line ?sam knows did say it was due on 31st jan this year ,if yes could them enableing it of caused the problems with my broadband?
22 REPLIES 22
sjrinfroyle
Grafter

Re: could someone reset my profile please

How long have you been connected to the exchange for? Could you post your full ADSL stats so the forum can advise you.
Thank you.
niko
Grafter

hi mate my stats are
ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 2368 kbps 448 kbps
Line Attenuation 60 db 15.5 db
Noise Margin 6 db 15 db

i have had disconnects ,but im not sure if when they reconnected my(and my neighbors) phone line they did a bad job,
they forgot to re connect two of the houses so its a possibility
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Since your BT IP Profile is 1250kbps you will still be on 20CN ADSLmax. With your sync speed of 2368kbps the IP Profile should increase automatically to 2000kbps within 3 days. The IP Profile would be 2089kbps (now) if you were on 21CN ADSL1.
Moves to the 21CN (ADSL2/2+) network don't happen automatically, an engineer has to physically move cables in the exchange, and Plusnet would give you advance notice of this. In your case ADSL2/2+ is unlikely to be of benefit anyway due to your distance from the exchange so Plusnet would most likely put you on ADSL1 which is equivalent to the 20CN service you have now.
David
David
niko
Grafter

hi david
thanks for your reply
i worded my post incorrectly ,i was asking if adsl2 was available on my line(at my exchange) not had it already been enabled ,
as to my adsl profile ,on this line it seems i always have to get plusnet to nudge it for me the auto reset rarely works for some reason
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Stick your phone number in here to check what is available at your exchange.
niko
Grafter

Jaggies ,
read my 1st post mate i have already done that
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Different checker Wink However, if it says you can get ADSL2+ then in order to check if you have been switched over, can you post your router stats, and the result of a BT Speed test?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Sorry, misunderstood what you were asking. In my case the BT checker showed 21CN/ADSL2 was available in the middle of the scheduled month and (at my request) I was moved onto it before the end of the month.
My guess is that it will be available for you. In fact if you can sustain a sync speed above 2381kbps you would get a small benefit from being on 21CN (even on ADSL1) since your IP Profile would be 2100kbps which Plusnet round down to the nearest multiple of 100 when setting Current line speed (their equivalent of the profile). An extra 100kbps is not a lot for those with much higher speeds but in your case it would be 5%.
BT possibly move equipment around when they are enabling the exchange for 21CN, but that is likely to take place well ahead of enabling date. So no reason why that should affect your connection.
David
David
niko
Grafter

Quote from: Jaggies
Different checker Wink However, if it says you can get ADSL2+ then in order to check if you have been switched over, can you post your router stats, and the result of a BT Speed test?

the last line of my 1st post says
sam knows did say it was due on 31st jan this year
thank you for your answer ,i kwno i havent been switched yet
niko
Grafter

spraxyt thank you thats usuful info
niko
Grafter

hi again
just to add to  earlier  ,i have found out what the problem im having is
the contractors who replaced the phone line(main line on road)where supposed to have used new .6 mm cooper but have in fact used .5 mm aluminium the its 2nd hand and also faulty
i know this because i spoke to the open reach engineer who was checking the contractors work
he did say the line will get replaced but im not holding my breath
could you please look in to this for me personally as maybe having them pushed will get somewhere
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@Niko,
I don't mind giving that a try for you. I may not be able to do anything straight away as there does still seem to be a fault open on the PSTN side and as we're not the provider for that we'll need to wait for that to be closed before I can raise a broadband fault for you. I'll keep you posted as to how I get on anyway.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
niko
Grafter

thank you adam ,i realised a fault cant be raised yet but if open reach have a nudge maybe it might happen sooner?
thanks again nik
jim:quote
niko
Grafter

hi adam
i think the fault on the phone line is now closed
cheers nik