cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copper line fault???

st01mpy

copper line fault???

Hi to anyone who can help! I am not sure if I am posting to the right forum area but any help would be much appriceated.
I recently moved house and contacted my ISP to let them know we would like our internet service moved to our new home....nice and easy said the nice man on the phone! That was over four weeks ago and still no internet!
After many phone calls to them and several tests been carried out this was the last message i have from them.
Fault results;-
RADIUS;-
No RADIUS results within last 7 days

NIC;-
Clear

xDSL;-

Sync Status: Circuit In Sync
General Information
NTE Status: In Service NTE Power Status: NTE Power On Bypass Status: Bypass Not Activated

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 19 40
SNR Margin: 24 0
Errored Seconds: 6 1
HEC Errors: 9 0
Cell Count: 11648 5000
Speed: 448 8032

Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 7968 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 6374
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 133 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 49
Indicative Line Quality: R Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 394

CLT;-
PSTN Fault Report
Telephone number    ****************

Status  Date reported  Date completed     
Open 01 Sep 2011 Not completed yet
TAM;-
N/A
Analyst;-
Open CLT fault unable to proceed / possible Auth
Upstream/Downstream <430 at 49/394 with 6/1 Errors seconds. With ILQ R

This means absolutley nothing to me, they have advised me to contact BT.....what for I don't know....how to fix this....I don't know that either.....all I want is my internet to work.

please help.

Kind regards,
Paul.
8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: copper line fault???

The above information is mainly line stats but it also seems to indicate that a line fault may be present.
I'm sorry things have taken a while so far with this. I'll look into this further and come back to you, fingers crossed I can help things move along a little more quickly now.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Right, I can see the issue after having a quick look at the account. It's the terminology we've used: PSTN provider means the same as your phone provider, i.e the company you pay your phone bill too.
We've identified from tests an issue with the line itself so I'd advise contacting them.

Any more questions do let me know though.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
st01mpy

Hi Adam, thank you very much for your speedy response to my query.....I have contacted BT and they say that my ISP should be sorting this out.
if this is correct please can this be sorted..or who can I contact at Plusnet to get this moving forward.
Once again thank you for your help so far.
paul
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry about this to be certain I've performed the same test again and there is still a copper line fault showing which we're unable to help with.
This probably won't be what you want to hear but you'll need to call them back again and advise that we have run a "copper line test" which fails repeatedly and that indicates a line fault.
Any more issues give me a shout.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
st01mpy

Okydoky,
back to BT I go.....speak soon  Embarrassed
paul.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

PS, I'd strongly advise not mentioning broadband when you speak to them.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
st01mpy

Hi Adam,
Hi, As per your request and phone call, I called BT, they still say there isn't a fault and repeatedly mentioned the cost involved to me should an engineer be called and it's my equipment that is faulty!
I have purchased a new router, enetred the same details as my old one (log ins and passwords) etc. this one everything goes green (DSL line, WLAN) apart from the connected to the internet image...this stays red.
The progress screen on my computer that shows me the progress of the internet connection keeps saying that it is synchronised (goes green) then the next time it refreshes it is not synchronised (red cross).
ultimatly the internet never goes green always stays a red cross.

does this information help to cure my lack of internet?
Paul.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi, As per your request and phone call, I called BT, they still say there isn't a fault and repeatedly mentioned the cost involved to me should an engineer be called and it's my equipment that is faulty!

Shame, I feel sorry for you getting messed around here, I'm going to do some tests from this end to see (amongst other things) if the copper line tests are still failing.
does this information help to cure my lack of internet?

it certainly does thanks, plus trying a different router does rule that out as being the cause of the issue.
Given the time of day there's not a great deal I can do right now but I will give this some attention tomorrow morning so I'll give you another call if you like.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team