cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection problems with panasonic blu ray players

eleckyphil

connection problems with panasonic blu ray players

hi
i recently purchased a Panasonic Blu ray player DMR-PWT635, i am having problems with this talking to my plus net technicolour router. it connects straightaway through wi fi but then struggles to get through the gateway. i have altered the IP address and other settings and it said all was okay but when i try and go on netflix or the internet it says there is an issue connecting to the internet. i have also tried disabling the firewall on my router with no joy.
any help would be appreciated.
phi;l
7 REPLIES 7
PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: connection problems with panasonic blu ray players

Not any help I know but I have just had to go back to a Technicolor router to test a line problem and it won't let my panasonic HW220 PVR connect - well it says it is connected to the router but can then not get an IP address. Maybe there is an issue between panasonic kit and these routers. Everything else (apart from my chromecast) connected up ok when I switched routers. The panny had no problems with a previous TP-link and Netgear router.
PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

a hard router reset and changing ssid / key to start from scratch with a new network didn't sort it either
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

A lot Panasonic equipment doesn't seem to be compatible with the TG582n DHCP server.  The fix is to enter the IP address into the device manually:
IP Address: 192.168.1.<Number less than 64> ie 192.168.1.60
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.254
DNS: 192.168.1.254 or 8.8,8.8 or 208.67.222.222
PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

Thanks, that sorted it
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Jon,
I found this thread here - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,122172.msg1059915.html#msg1059915
If the address in the device after attempted DHCP setup started 168 or 169 then that is a fall back address assigned by the Panasonic device itself.
I do not know if this is relevant, but it have seen some devices having difficulty connection over wifi when the security mode is set to WPA+WPA2 - http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/wireless-issues-and-no-customer-service/page/2?replies=18

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

Hi Kevin,
that did seem to be the issue although it does seem that the PN router is a major culprit. no problems with others. Never had a problem with security settings getting in the way of it connecting to other routers either.
Jon
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Jon,
From things I have seen elsewhere I suspect that there are some "edge cases" in play here - may be both sides are "misbehaving"?.  Panasonic devices across the piece seem to have issues with the TG582n, where AV kit from other suppliers does not.  So is it the router or the Panasonic wifi drivers?
I have also seen similar issues with an Acer running Vista (but none of the rest of the kit in my home) with the TG582n.
Without diagnostic tracing it is all guess work what is going wrong and which end is to blame.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.