cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection problem

kitkat
Grafter

connection problem

For the past week while browsing, this notice flashes uo "ERROR WITH NETWORK CONNECTION" I still can use that sight and others but then the message flashes up on the screen again several times. I hope  this makes sene to some one because I am very worried about this. Thank you in advance.
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: connection problem

Can you be a bit more specific.
Does the router lose the connection to the internet or does the computer lose the connection to the router.
If it is the latter are you connecting via wireless
kitkat
Grafter

Hi Oldjim. Neither. I don't lose the connection. Just the error message. Could it be that it is one of the websites I have been browsing lately?

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Could it be a slightly dodgy ethernet cable if you aren't using wireless
lexusuk
Grafter

Hi kitkat,
Where do you receive this error message?  Is this within your web browser?  If so, which browser?  Or does the message open in a separate window?  Is there any other information that comes with the error?  Any error codes or additional text that is seen would be very useful.  It's important that we can see the error message exactly as it is worded when it pops up.
kitkat
Grafter

Hi Alex Rolls. The error message just comes up in the middle of the page while I am on the website. One of the sites is www.transformerforums,the tab is The Master Help Guide.This site seems to be the main offender. I rebooted the router  and PC  It it has only appeared once, but there again I was only on the site for about 5 Mins
kitkat
Grafter

Well I have  not gone onto the suspicious website fo 2 days and no error message ( touch wood) has appeared. I have blocked it now. I know that the problem was not down to P/N  connection and hopefully the problem will not happen again. It is so frustrating not really not knowing what caused it. I will let you know if it happens
again.