cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connecting nintendo via wireless router

thefunniefarm
Grafter

Re: connecting nintendo via wireless router

They are less than two metres apart in the same room, with literally nothing between them
thefunniefarm
Grafter

Angry OK I really have had enough!
My only conclusion is that it is the router that is a problem.  Can anyone recommend another wireless router that will not give me the same problems?
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Ive been having trouble with my xbox 360 as of late, before you give up on the router ( if this post is not too late ) what type of security are you using? I.E. Wep or Wap? And whatelse have you got connected wireless? Ive found that when my wii is hooked up everythings fine but as soon as i hook up the 360 my wireless goes all to pot and i have to re-boot my router ( Im using a Netgear ) Seems the two of mine are conflicting together Undecided
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
thefunniefarm
Grafter

Still no joy getting the wii, I have now ordered an ethernet connection - lets hope it's not in vain!
As to what else I have hooked up - my pc is very happy as is my daughter's DSi.
good luck!  Wink
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Im sorry it took so long to get back to you, Just been checking all my posts lately to see who ive missed lol, Shame we couldnt get yours up and running but im sure once you get the adaptor and go hardwired all will be fine, Its a nuisance though all this wireless malarky so looks like i will be going hardwired for my 360 lol. Hope it all goes smoothly for you,
                                                                                                              All The Best,
                                                                                                                                Steve
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
thefunniefarm
Grafter

Finally!!!!!!!!!!  My wii is connected via ethernet cable and working - after several attempts for a mammoth update!  Cheesy
Thanks to everyone for the advice and support - still not working on the wireless, so must be a problem for Thomson then!  Undecided
b4itatschool
Dabbler

I have just read all the posts and replies on this problem but it doesnt help me.  I (or rather my daughter) has a ds lite.  I have started playing animal crossing on wii and wanted to transfer the ds animal crossing game savings over to the wii game, the wii has connected to the wireless router fine since we got it at christmas but when trying to connect the ds to the router a grey locked padlock appears and it says  'the access points security settings are not supported by the nintendo ds'  I have looked at the nintendo website page for help on this but it doesnt tell you what to do.  Our router is the thomson one.  We have no problems with laptops or the PS3. Anyone know a way to solve this, if there is one?  Make explaining it easy though please!
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

it says  'the access points security settings are not supported by the nintendo ds'

The DS Lite only supports WEP encryption, the DSi will support WPA. Your Thomson router by default is set to use WPA because its much more secure than WEP. If you are happy with the limited security provided by WEP encryption then you can change the router configuration to use WEP and then your DS Lite will connect to it.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

b4itatschool
Dabbler

oh ok, would it be secure enough to stop other people using our connection?  Il have a word with my son as he knows more than me but would rather play his games than help his poor ole mum!