Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charges

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

charges

Hi,
I am on option 1 broadband which is £9.99 a month. I Purchased an extra 1GB which takes this total to £10.74 a month but I have been charged £11.74.  Perhaps I have misunderstood something ? could you clarify the position for me.
Thank you
We are born into history and history is born into us.
13 REPLIES 13
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: charges

Hi there,
You've been charged £1 for the extra gig for the current month (this counts as post pay because it was added during the current month) and 75p for the extra Gb for the coming month.
Hope that helps,
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend

sorry but I still do not understand this my account shows that on 31/10  3/12  3/1  1/2  I was charged  £11.74 so I still cannot understand how £9.99  plus  75pence for an extra gig comes to £11.74
If I am paying £1 in advance for something then I shouldn't be paying it in advance every month otherwise 1 extra gig is costing me £1.75 and not 75pence as i was lead to believe.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The extra Gb is added twice - once to the current month (£1) and once for the following month (75p). This is because adding usage is counted as an upgrade, and if removed counts as a downgrade which is subject to a 30 day notice period.
Hope that helps,
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@gleneagles
In view of the number of months the amount has been charged is there something else? For example, are you paying £1 per month for your own domain?
David
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Quote from: orbrey
The extra Gb is added twice - once to the current month (£1) and once for the following month (75p). This is because adding usage is counted as an upgrade, and if removed counts as a downgrade which is subject to a 30 day notice period.
Hope that helps,

Orbrey, Are you saying that when a BBYW Option 1 user overruns his/her 1GB Allowance and elects to pay £1 for an extra GB that month, the Account is "Upgraded" to a 2GB Usage until the User "Downgrades" the account back to the default allowance?
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Even so that would only account for 75p increase in all the months mentioned, not the £1.75 being seen.
Does sound like the £1/month domain option is being paid for but this should show up on the monthly invoice as a separate item.
What does the invoice actually say?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

My apologies, I was mistaken there. It is the £1 domain that is the extra charge here.
Orbrey, Are you saying that when a BBYW Option 1 user overruns his/her 1GB Allowance and elects to pay £1 for an extra GB that month, the Account is "Upgraded" to a 2GB Usage until the User "Downgrades" the account back to the default allowance?

It's correct that that is what I was saying, but unfortunately for me I was wrong - post pay usage is only charged for once. It's pre-pay usage that is counted as an upgrade (i.e. if you add 1gb to your usage you are charged for it twice on your next bill, once for the month in which it was added and once for the coming month. Your subscription thereafter will include only the charge for the coming months, untill the usage is removed).
Hope that helps, sorry for the confusion.
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: orbrey
you are charged for it twice on your next bill, once for the month in which it was added and once for the coming month. Your subscription thereafter will include only the charge for the coming months, untill the usage is removed).

What happens to the next month payment if you dont use the extra 1Gb do you get it back or are you locked in again for the next 30days?
puddy
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Adding the pre-pay usage counts as an upgrade to the account. As a result until it's removed you will be charged whether it's used or not. If you do request to remove it, it's removed at the end of the current billing month.
Hope that helps,
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend

my apologies
Yes I am being charged for having my own domain but to be honest it is something that I have never used. Is it possible to have this deleted and save myself a £1 a month.
Thank you
James
Grafter

S'alright Smiley
I've made Matt aware and I'm sure that he'll sort as soon as he's back from trying to commit lung cancer related suicide.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Gleneagles,
I've removed this for you so that charge is now gone. Please let us know if there's anything further we can do for you.
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend

many thanks for your quick response !