Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing package -- not line speed

farnorth
Grafter

changing package -- not line speed

Hi
I am in a very rural area with a quite unreliable bb phone line, the usual dynamic line speed setup gave me no end of problems. My line can't take more than 1mb so I kept getting disconnections, line speed would start very slow and build up then disconnect. After a good length of time putting up with this I managed to get PN to lock the line speed at 1mb and everything is fine and stable (except when it snows, as it just did and the line drops).
So, I am on the PN value package with a download limit of 10gb, having just got a new tv and av receiver with internet capabilities, I would like to go on the unlimited plan.
My questions is; if I go through the online procedure of changing my package is it likely to unlock the line speed and go back to the dynamic speed setup? I don't want to go through all the disconnections again, I just want to remove the download cap.
Any assistance much appreciated.
TIA
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: changing package -- not line speed

In theory it shouldn't change but I wouldn't bank on it
I suggest waiting for the staff to pick this up on Monday
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
It shouldn't make any changes to the actual speed, however if you'd like us to double check once you've requested the move to Unlimited just give us a shout in here. We'll be able to check for any orders and cancel them to stop any changes being made.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
farnorth
Grafter

Many thanks for that.