cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing BBYW3 30GB to unlimited need some info please

kgacparska

changing BBYW3 30GB to unlimited need some info please

Hello,
I have been on BBYW3 from march 2008 and everything was good until few last month just before the monthly payment.
I have noticed that my download speed went down to something ridicolous like 100kb/s.
I have send a ticket and I got told to do a speedtest with bt and when I did it came up around 6000kb/s/ 6mb/s which is good for me.
But the thing was that I haven't done anything and they haven't as well.
Anyway, during this month I got excellent speed but yesterday it went down to 100kb/s again so I have send another ticket but while being on plusnet website I discovered that I have used up all of my allowance for this month. I only used it up for the second time, first time was last month and second time was now only 9 days into new month.
So if I understand right, plusnet decreases download speed if you use your allowance, to basically make you stop download anymore as it would take ages.
And while I was wondering around the plusnet website I have noticed that unlimited package with the same speed up to 8mb/s costs £11.99 per month, for 3 months, and then £19.99.
And the thing is that I pay £19.50 for my BBYW3.
So what i wanted to know is can I change from BBYW3 to unlimited without paying any extras.
I mean it would be great same amount of money but unlimited downloads.
If anyone has done it or knows more information about can you please reply to my post
I appreciate it.
Andrew

7 REPLIES 7
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: changing BBYW3 30GB to unlimited need some info please

Hi Andrew,
Welcome to the forums.
I have moved on to unlimited.
Things to note are the longer contract period 12 or 18 months, depending on whether you take the house move or not.
Other thing is that the traffic shaping will be different so depending on what you use you connection for you may be capped more at different times.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
kgacparska

Thank you for moving it to the right section
Thanks for replying but I would like to know some more info on the costs and details of a contract. Where could I find it?
scootie
Grafter

replyed to your PM.
i dont think ive replyed with as much info about the contract as you would like tho
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: kgacparska
Thank you for moving it to the right section
Thanks for replying but I would like to know some more info on the costs and details of a contract. Where could I find it?

What specifically do you want to know? The costs should be clear from the sales pages and we can move you onto a 12 month instead of an 18 month contract when switching from an existing product (you need to raise us a ticket once you've made the change to request this).
For a comparison of the traffic shaping policies between the two accounts take a look here.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

scootie
Grafter

i think the OP would like to pick over the unlimited contract with a fine tooth comb.
what the best link to point them to this info?
paulby
Grafter

The Ts and Cs for the new contracts are here.
kgacparska

that was a good read and a long one. i must i didnt finish it and i think i will stick to my current product. thanks all especially asbo dog