cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changed Plusnet password and internet not working, feel i have to do something with router?

ecowen

changed Plusnet password and internet not working, feel i have to do something with router?

Hi - i changed my plusnet account password after my laptop flagged up it had been compromised. I restarted by home plusnet hub several times as suggested when i followed online change instructions. Now my devices such as mobile, tablet etc won't connect to wifi like they used to, the signal buffers, is slow on certain ones and on some devices not at all. I feel there must have been something else i need to do to the router to get it back to where it was? I don't even know what a router is? 

Any advice great appreciated, as i'm working from home currently and can't do very much at the mo. 

thanks, Clare

6 REPLIES 6
Tomca
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: changed Plusnet password and internet not working, feel i have to do something with router?

@ecowen. Thanks for contacting us.

I'm a little confused about the laptop advising you that the password had been compromised, this isn't something I've heard of before.

So that we can check the account and offer the best advise please can you send a private message with the account username.

Thanks - Carl.

Carl Tomlinson
 Plusnet Help Team
ecowen

Re: changed Plusnet password and internet not working, feel i have to do something with router?

Hi Carl - can you tell me how to send you a private message as you suggest? it's not so much the password i'm worried about i can't access YouTube now on any device in my house and my children can't do their homework assignments as so many so 'watch this video' first. 

can you give me any more advice about how to update router now new password in place. 

thanks, clare

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @ecowen, I am very sorry for the issues you're having.

I have managed to locate your account, so there is no need for you to send a PM Smiley

I can see that you have an active and stable connection since last Wednesday and can see that 66Gb data has been transferred in this period.

If the issues with the WiFi connectivity continue, I'd advise following the steps outlined here to help.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@ecowen 

As @LaurenB  has gone private on this I have no idea what has been suggested. My suspicion would be that you have picked up a malicious message/download such as a key logger on your laptop and have been tricked into revealing log on details, resulting in others piggy backing onto your Plusnet service.

Have you virus checked your laptop?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Bernard-Shakey
Dabbler

@ecowen I would be interested to hear if you manage to sort this issue out, as i am also having a similar one.

regards

Dave

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

@Baldrick1 wrote:

My suspicion would be that you have picked up a malicious message/download such as a key logger on your laptop and have been tricked into revealing log on details, resulting in others piggy backing onto your Plusnet service.

If the OP is using Chrome, the browser checks your password against compromised password databases and flags it up on screen. That said, it shouldn't flag up your router as that is not in the public domain.