Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ccgi force 9

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

ccgi force 9

I've made a separate topic for this as it's different from the mysql ccgi problem (which, incidentally, haven't had any problems with though I've used it in the last week or so).
Currently finding the visitor counts won't generate on the site I build - this happens occasionally and switching default browser (firefox to ie and back again) usually makes it visible (so in such instances it's a browser issue not a ccgi problem).
However I can't cause it to generate now (last 20m or so) and I'm wondering if there's an actual ccgi problem (have checked service status but that just refers to the ongoing mysql issue).
It's a "non-breaking counter" that someone designed for the site (to cope with the traffic levels) and it's really rare for it not to be visible.
Could someone possibly test http://www.happychild.org.uk and see if you get a visible counter?  Shd be visible top screen or one screen down.
If it's viewable by someone else then that just means it's a computer/browser problem this end - the pc is very old and tired but I have some stuff I need to complete / clear down before we can replace the hard drive and give it a new lease of life.
Anyway it would help to know what other people get in terms of a counter view (or not).
Thanks Smiley
Penny.
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: ccgi force 9

We are having issues with the ccgi platform, Bob just posted the service status:-
http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1190302967.htm
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: Chris
We are having issues with the ccgi platform, Bob just posted the service status:-
http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1190302967.htm

Awesome speed of reply there, Chris Cheesy
Thanks Smiley
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

Just an enquiry to ask how things are going? Service Status here has cgi at red (update due at 6pm doesn't seem to have materialised yet).
However I can now get the visitor count on IE6 ... but not firefox.  Curiously, when I came back to the PC after an hour or so away, the couple of pages open in firefox were shown as "still loading" (whereas usually if a page doesn't load a counter, it times out and you get "done" after 90-120 seconds).  Is there some sort of signal that normally goes out to a browser to say "that's all there is", that isn't actually being generated? Only mention it as I can only recall a couple of instances in the past (over quite a lot of years) where the actual page load didn't complete when the count wasn't being generated.
Didn't ask before, but is this affecting the PN ccgi server/s as well?
Regards,
Penny.
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

Yes,
It's affecting PN's CCGI servers as well.
I've been working with Chris on a test  phpbb forum on my ccgi space and it expired on me around 4pm - I could happily access ccgi through filezilla, but trying to view via IE and FF was no cigar....
Tony_W
Grafter

I seems to be available now (since 22:40)
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: Tony
I seems to be available now (since 22:40)

Yes, here too now, thanks, though I hadn't realised because using firefox which was still "loading ..." endlessly, and the counters had disappeared from IE6 shortly after I posted last.
Working very swiftly now in IE6 ... and firefox also once I restored it to default browser.
Good to know things are sorted Smiley  don't use dynamic pages here because there have been a few issues in the past (I just convert the php outputs to static html pages before uploading to the homepages server) but we're heavily reliant on the ccgi-based counters for an accurate picture of what's happening with the site on an ongoing basis.
My thanks to networks or whoever fixed this Cheesy  Service status is still at red so maybe there are still issues, but the aspects of ccgi currently being used all look fine from here.
Regards,
Penny.