cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancelled during move from metronet??

buylow
Dabbler

cancelled during move from metronet??

Just wanted to relate my story so far of moving from metronet to plusnet ...
I heard about moving a couple of months ago and liked the idea of £2 less and more service so asked to move ... it seemed to go ok and I was on plusnet fine until a couple of weeks ago when I realised that I was getting bills from both companies! So I complained to metronet and they agreed to cancel my account ... you can guess where this is going ...
Like a wally I didn't question that and a few days later my broadband service stopped! (I had stupidly assumed that metronet support would realise I had moved to plusnet and just stop my billing account, not stop the broadband altogether!) So now I have had no broadband for 10 days and I eventually realise that it's taking them 2 weeks to get it going again ... I had assumed it was some kind of trivial "tap at a keyboard" correction.
I haven't moved company (metronet and plusnet are the same company now, right?) and the line was working fine so I thought this would be an easy fix - why is it taking them so long? Do you think BT are slowing the process up somehow?Huh
The date I have been given for it to re-start is monday 1st, any bets on whether it's likely to be working then?Huh
Now looking like 3 weekends without broadband :-(
- buylow  (my plusnet login)
2 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Re: cancelled during move from metronet??

Hi there,
I've checked and your order is still due to complete on Monday.  It looks like the delay in replacing your order was down to BT, which is why your connection wasn't back within 5 working days.
However, that doesn't take away the fact that your connection should never have been cancelled in the first place.  I'm extremely sorry that this happened.
If you would like to get in touch with me once your order has completed I'll ensure that you get what we call a "goodwill gesture" for the inconvenience that has been caused.
buylow
Dabbler

Re: cancelled during move from metronet??

Hi Jameseh,
Thanks for your comments, they reassured me that my service would be back fairly soon.
It turns out that my service appears to have been restored sometime yesterday. Unfortuneately I'd spent the evening on the modem when I got round to testing the adsl, but it was nice to get my service back before rather than after the weekend.
Cheers,
buylow