cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can plusnet raise exchange issues with BT?

chesterfield
Grafter

can plusnet raise exchange issues with BT?

The reason I ask whether PN can raise exchange issues with BT is because the one Im currently connected to seems to have been missed from any and all updates to the network what so ever.
The choices on my exchange are as follows:
AOL
Orange
TalkTalk.
Thats it.
ADSL Max at up to 8mb is the lot.  No date for 21CN, no date for ADSL+, and as for anything like infinity, forget it we aren't even on the radar up to 2013 as far as I can see.  All this talk about rolling out faster networks and we arent even on the list.  Yet I see other exchanges in our area which server about three sheep one pig and the farmer are on the list for infinity by 2011 - seriously?
How does one go about extracting an answer from BT as to why my current exchange has had ZERO technology upgrade in about 5+ years now?
5 REPLIES 5
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: can plusnet raise exchange issues with BT?

PN has absolutely no control over those matters, out of interest what exchange are you on, some of the answers might be obvious
Zozobra
Grafter

Where do you stay? I live in Birmingham city centre and the Smallbrook exchange - with over 3000 residential premises & 500 businesses connected and we have up to 8mb/s max. The central exchange 0.9 miles away has the lot and already has a date for Infinity.
Quite simply a disgrace.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

thats the sort of thing I was sort of hoping from Chesterfield
you live in the centre of a very large city on a ropy exchange
WWWombat
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
you live in the centre of a very large city on a ropy exchange

Given where it is, that's a really rather low number of customers. I guess that's why it gets relatively ignored.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi chesterfield,
I wish we could do more to influence upgrades to exchanges. There's a bit of contact information here if that helps.
Jojo Smiley