Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can my connection go any faster JOJO PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN OR OTHER ADMIN

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: can my connection go any faster JOJO PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN OR OTHER ADMIN

The limiting factor is the IP profile and that is set automatically by the equipment in the exchange
mkc66
Grafter

does that mean i can go faster, have i seen people asking for their profile to be upped to increase the speed they have
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The profile they are referring to is the Plusnet image of the BT one as seen here https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
mkc66
Grafter

Estimated line speed:
3.0Mb (This may vary between 2Mb and 5.5Mb) - Checked on 2011-05-19 18:10:23
Current line speed:
3.5 Mb

am confused lol can go faster cant go faster  i dont know but  still connected 1 day 5 hours nothing short of a miracle wonder what will happen when i plug my sky box back in
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just try and keep it undisturbed for the full four days and the BT system should learn that your line is now more stable and correspondingly bump up the sync rate, and your iP profile will follow in the next day or so.
If I were you, I would consider replacing your master socket faceplate with a decent fixed filter http://www.adslnation.com/products/xte2005.php and a good quality short router cable http://www.adslnation.com/phpapps/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=120.  When I fitted these I got even better results than having an inline filter plugged into the test socket !
mkc66
Grafter

looked at the links but will still need a splitter as i need to plug my Sky box back in so dont think that will help but thanks
mkc66
Grafter

Oh well was too good too last I guess where i changed PPPoA to PPPoE wasn't the solution after all,  connected for 1 day 8 hours I went to sleep 6 hours later not connected, only just got up so using iPhone for this will reconnect later Please admin if you are back today help appreciated
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try sending a personal message to JoJo http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=13246 requesting to post a copy of your disconnection graph into this thread so we can see if there is any pattern to your problem.
mkc66
Grafter

have done that thanks only thing i see is mostly the disconnections are at night i think
Anonymous
Not applicable

From the picture does it happen roughly at the same times ?.
mkc66
Grafter

sorry no picture from jo yet hoping she will post it here, just a general observation of mine that i seem to connect again in the morning i think
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Michelle,
Just had a brief run through the thread, and as far as plugging your Sky back in then make sure you plug the Sky splitter into our microfilter, you'll then still be able to plug your phone into the Sky splitter.
Jojo Smiley

p.s. Interesting to note that the disconnections seem to be happening at similar times. I'm wondering if there's any devices at home that may be interfering at those times?
mkc66
Grafter

any ideas as to what devices, we have a Bt  phone plugged in no sky at the moment though when we unplugged the sky and a spare extension lead our speed did increase from 2.2 meg to 3.3 on average there is nothing else here am at a total loss but would love to sort it out if possible
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Any idea what caused those disconnections this morning? Apart from those it'd been a lot more stable.
mkc66
Grafter

i think our posts crossed
i have no idea i woke up checked on my iphone to see if still connected
and no as is quite common lately we just dont know why our connection wont stay on it does happen during the day sometimes as well when i am on yet again no known reason for it