Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i use a TalkTalk D-Link DSL-3680 Routers is it worht hassle

glesgajohn
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

can i use a TalkTalk D-Link DSL-3680 Routers is it worht hassle

HI
a friend gave ne a TalkTalk D-Link DSL-3680 Routers  and i was wondering is it a better router than the F2704N and if so am i allowed to use it on the plusnet network , or is it not worth the hassle
thanx again
glesgajohn
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: can i use a TalkTalk D-Link DSL-3680 Routers is it worht hassle

glesgajohn
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Oldjim
Was it a TalkTalk supplied one http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2015/03/uk-isp-talktalks-d-link-dsl-3680-router-potentially-vul...

yes thats the one oldjim  so am i better binning it ? ta...
totallytech

Hey, I'm sorry to pull up such an old thread.
I've just had a plus net business line installed in my office, however plusnet forgot to post the router out so that will be here next week. In the meantime I found an old TalkTalk DSL-3680. Will this work until my plusnet router arrives? It seems to accept my username and password (I'm just waiting for the ADSL to be activated)
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

If it will accept ( and save ) your PN username then it might work. I seem to recall that most of the TT routers are locked down in some way though...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

cedlor
Grafter

Personally I wouldnt bother - they generally post things when they say ( obvioulsy unless they forget all together) so I expect you would have it
tomorrow or monday.  When are you due to go live?  When you do the line will be in training for 10 days so you dont want to be switching the routers
in that period. If you were live and despearate to use it, it should work unless it is locked to Talktalk.
Adsl settings here
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/broadband-connection-settings.shtml
Calypso
Grafter

I tend to agree with cedlor that it hardly seems worth the hassle of swopping and changing but, in answer to the original question, it is perfectly feasible to use a Talk Talk router using your password and username. During my recent online problems (still unresolved) I have successfully set up a TT DSL-3780 and a ZyXEL 660W/HW router with no difficulty.