cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i give my plusnet router to my daughter

Razer
Grafter

Re: can i give my plusnet router to my daughter

In that case I sincerely hope that when I return my four routers that PN deregister them from my account. I don't want them being sent out to another customer whilst still registered to me and then their usage being taken from my allowance.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Not all replacements were setup on the Auto Config Servers. Did all/any of yours replacements configure automatically? Or did you always have to enter your login details manually?
Razer
Grafter

They all configured automatically. Well, I had a problem with one, but I think that's because I just plugged it all in and switched it on. Then it presented me with the details request that the other hadn't. Trouble was, it didn't work, wouldn't go through/complete. Then I realised I hadn't wired up after switching on and synching. So I started again with it and only plugged the ethernet cable in once it had synched, then it was fine and I didn't have to input any details.
Anotherone
Champion

Best to make a note of all the serial numbers and once they are sent back someone from the DCT can check they all get removed from the ACS.
Razer
Grafter

Good idea, but oh [Censored], I already packed up two in the bag they sent me. Guess I'll have to open it and then tape it up again. Thanks anyway. Why didn't I think of that?
EDIT: Actually I'm gonna pop a note in with them.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Razer, I've already done that Smiley
Anotherone
Champion

Chris, have you been in touch with crobertbailey, the OP?
Razer
Grafter

Quote from: chrispurvey
Hi Razer, I've already done that Smiley

OK, thanks Chris. I forgot to put a note in anyway! ha. Two posted off this morning, will post other two when I get the other bag.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Robert,
Would you like your 582n router assigning to your daughter's account so it will automatically connect?
crobertbailey
Grafter

Sorry Chris just seen this, I have just received a replacement router as the old one developed a fault, this has not been opened yet ( using a 7800n at the moment) so if it would be possible to get her details on it that would be great
Thanks
Robert
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Robert,
Can you PM your daughters username over and I'll get that sorted.
crobertbailey
Grafter

okaywent live today and she connected the plusnet router and input her username and password and had a couple of disctions in the first couple of hours as did i, just wondered if it was connected.
she is using a new router that i had sent out as a replacement for a faulty one so never had my details input, i have also PM'd Chris asking for it to be set up
Robert
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've added the router to your daughter's account and it looks as though it connected fine Smiley