cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buffering

cappismum
Dabbler

buffering

I have chromecast, its working really well most of the time.  However, after about 8pm it buffers constantly or freezes.
Chromecast suggest an internet issue, which as its fine all day, ie off peak, it could be the problem
I am on unlimited bb which I was informed is quicker than the standard and better for casting.
Any help please?
10 REPLIES 10
AndyH
Grafter

Re: buffering

Hi
Are you on ADSL or FTTC?
Can you run a speed test (http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html?utm_source=mainsite&utm_medium=navigation&utm_campaign=speedtest&utm_content=sidebar) and post the results?
cappismum
Dabbler

AndyH
Grafter

It must be ADSL you're on.
FTTC = fibre to the cabinet
If you put your phone number in here http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ what does it say for the speeds?
Those speed test looks fine for streaming. Can you run a speed test the next time you have streaming problems?

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

" am on unlimited bb which I was informed is quicker than the standard and better for casting."  Huh
unlimited makes no difference to your speed , whoever informed you is wrong 
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi cappismum,
I can see your account is showing that you're on ADSL2+ and you receive a speed of just over 12mbps based on the IP profile you have set with us which should be enough to stream video. Are you able to provide us with a speed test during the day and one on the evening where you normally see the buffering issues? The best place to check this would be on the BT speed tester here so that we can collect the performance results on our side should we have to raise this with the supplier.
If you can post a screenshot of the results here it should help us to diagnose the issue for you.

Quote from: rongtw
" am on unlimited bb which I was informed is quicker than the standard and better for casting."  Huh
unlimited makes no difference to your speed , whoever informed you is wrong 

Agreed that this package wouldn't show improved speeds over the limited usage or legacy packages however it would be best placed for usage when looking at streaming.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Adam C - I can't believe u asked the customer to use this test http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ as clearly u knew this test is issues with no ip profile is collected and end up throw up with Test Error - Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

To be honest, I give up on BT Performance Test. Because BT will not doing anything about it to fix it.
Dhaos
Grafter

Problem on yourside? BTspeed Test is working fine for me and showing me my ip profile after further diagnostics.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: Dhaos
Problem on yourside? BTspeed Test is working fine for me and showing me my ip profile after further diagnostics.

Yeah it use to work from late February until 10 days ago when it suddenly no longer work! I did ask Adam C to chase this up but so far, nothing is done as I give up!
GeordieMark
Grafter

Working fine at home, my parents', my sister's and at work, maybe a geographical thing
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: Mark_
Working fine at home, my parents', my sister's and at work, maybe a geographical thing

My parents not working, mine not working, my other mate not working all same telephone exchange!