cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

btw speed test

manwar51

btw speed test

joined plusnnet fibre last week (big mistake) here goes the bt speed tester dont tell me my line ip profile its been a week since it was installed yet i cant check my ip proffile as my speed seems to be reduced allot. the error i get is
The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider.
this happend when i click further diagnostics and type my phone number in, could plusnet plz fix this and erm im paying for 80/20 but im only geting 28mb for some reason. the day it was installed it was 76 i havnt restarted the modem as ive heard its bad within the first 10 days can plusnet sort this [Censored] [Censored] out!
7 REPLIES 7
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: btw speed test

Hi manwar51,
Really sorry to hear this. I have created ticket 81478581 on your account to ensure that the relevant department monitors this until completion for you. It seems that your fibre order is still open in our suppliers systems and not reflecting as complete as it should be. We have now informed our suppliers that the order needs completing manually in their systems. They have now raised the relevant request to have this done and they have advised that this should take effect in 3-5 working days.
Once this is fixed we'll be able to amend the speed profile on your account if necessary.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

You're not the only one, mine was the same as well. Ticket #81495766 with btw speed test repeating test error after input my landline phone number under further diagnostics since my fibre first installed last week (Thursday 13th February) but the speed is fine in the last 5 days with max speed of 73/18 as plusnet ip profile is set at 77.4Mb (probably matched BT Exchange IP at 77.4Mb). As I am on 80/20 too.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Any chance for Plusnet to provided me circuit id number to try my BTW test please? As above my post (BTW test still won't work under phone number)
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I've created Ticket: 81544033 on your account which holds the relevant details for you.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Thanks Chris. Sadly the BTW test - further diagnostics with my landline phone number - test error - The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider.
Again I have tried Circuit ID and click further diagnostics and come back same result - test error - The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider.
Sound like it will never work since FTTC first activated last Thursday.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

It can take some time, even up to a couple of weeks for BT Wholesale and Openreach's systems to align up fully.
You've been connected for 6 days now so we'd really need to give it a little more time.
You're unlikely to get much of a response from BT when you e-mail them, especially BT Openreach as it isn't them who deal with the BT Speedtester.
If the BT Speedtester still isn't working by 27th of this month, I'll certainly investigate further.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Ok thanks Chris. I will let u know by 27th if the BTW speed test still won't work.