cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bt wholesale pice list for new drop wire, socket?

scootie
Grafter

bt wholesale pice list for new drop wire, socket?

Trying to find bt wholesale price list for a new drop wire and socket.
cant find the info any where. One of those bad hair google days Roll_eyes
12 REPLIES 12
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: bt wholesale pice list for new drop wire, socket?

What have you broken then?  Roll_eyes
scootie
Grafter

nothing Smiley
was just looking at the drop wire from the eaves and the box up there and it looks like there pretty old.
cabling is brown where every one elses on this 70's estate is shiny new black. could this be non twisted pair cable?
ive got a bit of cash  burning holes in pockets and was wondering how much it was to get these replaced
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You could always have an accident and then report a phone fault - or just waggle it until one of the cores breaks  Lips_are_sealed
scootie
Grafter

i could arrange for tree to fall on it. but it might look odd that a 6 foot tall holy bush brought the wire down Grin
Ive got the money to burn. so if its around £100 for bt to replace wire from pole all way to a new master socket iam game might get them to replace the wire from pole as the price is no doubt fixed and i want my money's worth
ive found this but cant work out what the drop wire would be classed as. http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/public/current/Exch_Lines_boo/0002_d0e63.htm
itsme
Grafter

BT Wholesale, their employee's would not be able to do a drop wire. They are too good for that, you need to go to Openreach http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/pricing/loadPricing.do
itsme
Grafter

The price you looking for is the external shift
pierre_pierre
Grafter

further down the page
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

I doubt that BT/Openreach's system is capable of handling requests from customers who want to pay for upgrades to their infrastructure.  Crazy
It would be much simpler in the long run, if you really think it's causing a problem, for the said infrastructure to suffer some kind of stress, causing it to fail.  Wink
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Anotherone
Champion

But the stress would need to look like normal weathering or wear and tear or wild animal attack - hey have you got a grey squirrel?
What does the overhead cable look like, is that the new black type? Yes, the brown stuff may not be twisted pair.
As a new installation is £122 you shouldn't have to pay that much. Do you have your phone service with PN, if so the cost may not be much more than the wholesale cost? If the answers is yes, wait 'til James gets back, he might have a word with Mand. Is the master going in the same place?
scootie
Grafter

line rental's with BT.
the cable to the  pole over the otherside of road looks in gd nick black stuff its just from the little box on the eaves of the house to the master socket which is old brown very sun bleached cable.
iam after a new master as iam running off the test socket as for some reason the contacts on the face plate to the test socket give a slight drop in sync. so yeah master stays in same place.
any one know if the master sockets have a sticker in them signed by the enginer that fitted it so bt know if its a self install job?
i am going to ask my next door neigbour what the deal is with the drop wires as i find it strange that this is the only house with brown drop wire and every one elses is pretty new black stuff. ive bein in this house since 2004 so all the other houses have bein upgraded before then.
cheers for the links guys
Anotherone
Champion

Is it brittle anywhere? If so a hammer might work well  Wink
I can only guess that the previous owner was away when BT were renewing the overheads, so couldn't get access to do the drop itself and master box. Do you have an old style LJU type then?
scootie
Grafter

the same or simlar to this one Anotherone i know it has the e connecter but not in use.
if memory is correct its got orange wire to A and white to B
looks to be an old nte