cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bt openreach engineer did not arrive

richardjh
Grafter

bt openreach engineer did not arrive

Hello - first post here, and unfortunatly its a bad start.
The engineer did not turn up to complete my installation.  He did call, saying he was running late, but would definatly be here.  That was 2 hours ago.
I have wasted annual leave to sit here doing nothing.
First impressions of plusnet - Shocking.
I hope i will get some sort of reimbursment for my time, and will be great fun having to wait ages for an appointment!!!.
12 REPLIES 12
richardjh
Grafter

Re: bt openreach engineer did not arrive

...and half hour later, still on the phone to customer support...my plusnet experience keeps getting better and better...
njay
Grafter

To be fair to openreach engineer not turning up is not plus nets faults (they would be none the wiser until openreach tell them which isnt instant) so bit harsh to call plusnet shocking.
However I am sure the support staff on here will sort you out and get it rebooked Smiley
richardjh
Grafter

Support? thats a joke, im getting neckache the amount of time ive been on hold...
richardjh
Grafter

and, as an update, when I finally spoke to someone - advised that they have been updated by BT that they couldn't do the install - why, oh why then did that mean I had to phone them, and not be called??? - and, to make matters worse, the trained chimp couldn't even deal with my problem and was told I would be phoned back in 48 hours! 
bazzer
Pro

Disappointing to hear as my own experience of Plusnet and their support and customer service has always been highly positive during my several years as a customer.
I hope you find that once these issues are resolved your experience will be the exception rather than the rule.
mancmackem
Grafter

Sorry to see your install went wrong but the 'trained chimp' comment is a bit uncalled for don't you think? How is it his or her fault?
Call centre is a soulless, thankless job.
drunkenmonkey
Grafter

BT openreach won't have updated the order until after the appointment. The advisor won't be able to set up a new appointment as it will need to be done by provisioning team who work during the day. They will also be the ones responsible for informing you of the issue that BT openreach had.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Surely there must be some way that BTOR can be made responsible for the distress they cause to the customers of other companies who rely on BTOR to provide a service. Their lack of decent customer service produces so much anger & ill will. Is Ofcom totally incapable of taking action? It's not as if BT aren't making £biilions of annual profits.
richardjh
Grafter

Thanks for the input, just a few points - as the apps are up to 6pm, why doesn't this provisioning team work until then, so they can inform customers on the day, rather than letting sit there, getting more and more annoyed...
It just would have been nice if the first person I spoke to when I phone up passed the message, rather than putting me on hold for 30mins to speak to someone who could only pass a message, bit of a waste of my time.
Sorry, if I have had a rant in my first few posts, but its been a frustrating and distressing few hours.

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi richardjh,
Sorry to hear of your initial experience and your delay. Our provisioning team will be in-touch with you very soon.
richardjh
Grafter

Just a quick thanks to plusnet.  Sorted out quickly today, and a very quick re-appointment, coming on Tuesday. 
Thanks again. 
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Let us know how your visit goes, apologies for the initial nisse appointment. .